What is your default theme?

Started by Grudge, May 11, 2008, 06:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the default (guest) theme in use on your forum?

Core (SMF 1.1/2.0 default)
Babylon
Classic
3rd Party

ivo2296

Quote from: lorenzone92 on May 14, 2008, 01:37:50 PM
Please, for final 2.0, release a new default theme, now it's horrible! :(

Most important is the content and functionality of the forum - the rest just a rest :) 

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: metallica48423 on May 14, 2008, 02:52:40 PM
nope, this is horrible.

i kid :).  why not offer constructive feedback on what you think is wrong with the current default theme?  What specifically is wrong with it
Mmmh.. I really like the theme of THIS site, it's... "coherent", it's fair, light and... nice to see! :)
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

P@P

In my community I deleted Babylon and Classical theme, nobody used them in my community so I decided to delete, less work to do when installing new MODs...

About the Core, we use one theme based on SafMulticolor but now we are working in one new and totally based on Core just to have less problems with MODs installations...

Personally, I think that Babylon and Classical themes should be "deleted" from SMF package and one new Core should be created, one Core that would be more "mod friendly" with other themes.
www.portugal-a-programar.org - Admin shared user
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Cccddd

I think the SMF default theme is fairly terrible, but offers a good starting point for anyone who knows how to make a theme. It's only real saving grace is the fact that it includes a lot of code that I would use for my own themes. I delete the other themes for sure though. They're just extra space on my server.

[unplugged]

I use a slightly modified version of default and deleted the other two.

Babylon and Classic just look a bit outdated. I think one default theme would be enough. Maybe add a multicolor version of default with 10 or so colors. That would probably satisfy a vast majority of SMF users.

Those wanting to use other themes are simply going to install a 3rd party theme anyway. Babylon and Classic could just be offered in the theme section for those wishing to use them.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

MultiformeIngegno

I hope the team will make a new theme before 2.0 final... 8) O:)

:-X  :-X  :-X
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Gary

A new theme is being designed. The designers are working with the entire team to discuss, design and develop a new default. We should have it ready sometime before 2.0 goes final. But don't hold me to that. Currently, there is also a semantic version of the 1.1 Default being made simultaneously.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Deaks

well at the moment Bloc is making the current theme semantic this will make it easier for people to modify to suit there needs, but as Gazmanafc has just said the devs are working with team to make a new theme, and from what ive seen I dont see many people being dissapointed (well not until smf3 comes out and people think the theme is outdated)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Eliana Tamerin

SMF 3, isn't that the one with a built-in time machine so that I can make my posts always before Runic's? :P
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Dannii

Nah, SMF3 will be a Gtk app, so it will use the standard OS's theme.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Dragooon

How about both in SMF 3 :P

About me, I use a 3rd party theme, I deleted The babylon and classic theme too.

Gary

There was one version, SMF 54 I said that you install via a Microchip in your brain.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

H

* H uses core and deletes the other themes that come with SMF

Quote from: Dannii on May 19, 2008, 11:18:15 AM

Unfortunately Gtk is severely lacking on windows. Other toolkits are meant to be better / as good as GTK but all seem to have some fairly major disadvantages :(
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

青山 素子

You know, for Core being so complained about, it sure is popular...

Quote from: H on May 19, 2008, 11:54:54 AM
Unfortunately Gtk is severely lacking on windows. Other toolkits are meant to be better / as good as GTK but all seem to have some fairly major disadvantages :(

I really like Qt. It's a nice toolkit and seems to be the only one living up to the promise to look native in any supported environment. Qt4 is even nicer than 3 in that respect.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Eliana Tamerin

Mmm, microchip. Then the committee in my head will have someplace tangible to debate. :P
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Deaks

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on May 19, 2008, 11:15:12 AM
SMF 3, isn't that the one with a built-in time machine so that I can make my posts always before Runic's? :P

you need to wake up ... dreaming like that wont work in the real life
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

nick09

Deaks

glad you like it ... i actually was dared to make it by Amacythe and a handful of others, they said I wouldnt make it and release it ... but they were wrong :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Dannii

Quote from: H on May 19, 2008, 11:54:54 AM
* H uses core and deletes the other themes that come with SMF

Quote from: Dannii on May 19, 2008, 11:18:15 AM

Oh, didn't you know? Windows will be depreciated by that time.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Night09

Quoteglad you like it ... i actually was dared to make it by Amacythe and a handful of others, they said I wouldnt make it and release it ... but they were wrong :)

Wow they would have loved that theme in the 60's lol

I wasnt sure whether to lower the screen brightness or just put sunglasses on.  :P

Advertisement: