News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

What is your default theme?

Started by Grudge, May 11, 2008, 06:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the default (guest) theme in use on your forum?

Core (SMF 1.1/2.0 default)
Babylon
Classic
3rd Party

tlknowles

I am using ( and only offer ) the Core or Default Theme...
...because, I don't have the patience or the time to fiddle with the changes needed to make the others work with the Mod packages. My time is better spent making sure my members are able to use the important options and features.

I would like to offer some theme options...but I've not found a theme that is a simple variation on the Core. Most have made changes that will mess with the Mods that have been installed. Maybe, I'll find some time to do my own variations in the future. But even that seem rathar daunting. ...My hat is off to those that build the themes! Most of them are pretty darned impressive.

I do like the Core theme for its clean layout.
I only wish it was easier to find "things" in the admin center; it feels so jumbled at times.
I suppose that feeling will go away when I'm more accustomed to the operations.

tlknowles
Current Installation
SMF 1.1.4 >> SMF 1.1.5 ( Default Theme )

MissyNL

i use the core theme.. but i have altered the colors.. so it's more girly :D
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

lindaf

I use the default theme only because it is easiest to install mods.  Even us dummies can do it!! :D ;D

the other 2 themes have some merit, but seems everyone writes mods for the default theme. 

this may sound dumb, but staff list, links, gallery, & shop install and work right away on the default theme.  If they worked immediately without any extra work on the other themes, I might use another theme.

Beamrider

Babylon. Matches the site colours, I like it, my friends like it and every mod runs smoothly on it.

Cariad

The core for me.
It's clean, fresh and rather easy to work with.

Mother Goose

We are using default modern, which I LOVE! Not on the poll as a vote option though.

jimvy

Mine is default because of how much work it is to add mods to each non-default theme. I would love for the default theme to be a multi-color selectable default that you can easily add an array of custom colors to choose from. Right now it's very hard to even recolor the default theme for someone who has no idea which lines of code apply to which area.

Even making the modify a theme area in the admin panel would be great if you could just click somewhere and then it would bring you down to the lines of code that apply to the clicked area.

Mother Goose

Jimvy, it's very hard getting your footing if all this is new to you. It was/is for me too.

I think it's important to just get the hang of smf, *then* go for the bells and whistles.

Are you doing this on your own? Do you have someone with some experience you can have hang on your forum and help a bit? 

jimvy

I'm pretty new to this, but have a few programming classes worth of knowledge (not in php though) and I am teaching myself most other things I want to know with research.

Mother Goose

Oh I bet you will have it figured out in no time!

There is a selection of simple color changes for that theme. let me go see if I can find it for you.

Sudhakar Arjunan

I am using DilberMc as it as the base of default theme. A very Good Theme for professional sites.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Antechinus

Quote from: jimvy on August 03, 2008, 02:44:56 PM
Mine is default because of how much work it is to add mods to each non-default theme. I would love for the default theme to be a multi-color selectable default that you can easily add an array of custom colors to choose from. Right now it's very hard to even recolor the default theme for someone who has no idea which lines of code apply to which area.

Even making the modify a theme area in the admin panel would be great if you could just click somewhere and then it would bring you down to the lines of code that apply to the clicked area.

Read this: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=253567.msg1645182#msg1645182   ;)

jimvy

I installed that one but the box to change the colors doesn't seem to appear anywhere.

Antechinus

Then you haven't enabled colour change in your admin settings. Admin >> Current Theme.  ;)

phdavis

I've only just installed 1.1.5 , I use the Classic Yabb SE theme, not because I like it, but it's a bit more efficient with screen real estate than the default. 

I've searched for a theme style that would fit my requirements but they all seem to be more of the same....  Too much Banner, unnecessarily large graphics, the end result of which is not much information is presented before one has to scroll.

Antechinus

Quite a few themes allow you to collapse the header. Default does.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: karlbenson on May 11, 2008, 06:42:18 PM
I deleted Babylon & Classic.
Then designed different themes using the Core as a base.

I did what Karl did LOL
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Loky

World of Warcraft Daily News and Reputation Calculator
www.wowjuju.com [nofollow]

GB_Techie

I inherited classic and haven't changed it...users like it...

...though...I'm also one of those who chooses "don't upgrade me, I like old out of date software" on various platforms!  :-\
THE Lesbian guide - www.gingerbeer.co.uk

blondeamon

Always looking for the best

www.kamenos.gr  Greek Gaming Community

Advertisement: