News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

What is your default theme?

Started by Grudge, May 11, 2008, 06:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is the default (guest) theme in use on your forum?

Core (SMF 1.1/2.0 default)
Babylon
Classic
3rd Party

AlphaHot1

Is there any plan to find a method to support automatic mod installation on any theme? I know it's a bit off-topic, but one of the most frequent reason for people to ditch smf is the cumbersome manual installation of addons. Not a problem for me, but I was told a lot of time that vbull... is better because it's easier to admin.

Gary

That is already there in 2.0, but keep mind, that it is still possible for fails since themes can be so much different from the default.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

AlphaHot1

Great, didn't know it ;) I understand it's not easy at all, I bet there was a huge template and mod installation rewrite... I can't even make a guess on how this was accomplished, except to use more granular functions to generate xhtml... didn't dig the code yet ;)

Nimitz1061

I did  a customization to integrate SMF's into my core site visually...

AlphaHot1

I know is an old topic but I think SMF default theme should be semantic oriented. BoardIndex and MessageIndex templates, for example, are definition lists really... new themes should style the semantic content...
What do you think?

Gary

That'll be happening. In fact the default theme in 2.0 Beta 4 is a semantic version of the current default, and we are working on an entirely new default theme for 2.0 which is also semantic.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: Gazmanafc on September 26, 2008, 06:42:25 AM
That'll be happening. In fact the default theme in 2.0 Beta 4 is a semantic version of the current default, and we are working on an entirely new default theme for 2.0 which is also semantic.
Really cool... :)
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

JeneeB53

My default is a custom theme, but I actually prefer the Core and use that one myself.

thenepalgallery

i am using default theme, but by using lots of modifications in the themes
a site of nepal, its places, religion, fetes, festivals

Muldoon

My default theme that I am using on my site is a theme designed by Bloc over at tinyportal.net, called 'Mesh'.  I've changed the banner though...

www.thethirdoption.net

crisis

Quote from: metallica48423 on May 14, 2008, 02:52:40 PM
nope, this is horrible [nofollow].

i kid :).  why not offer constructive feedback on what you think is wrong with the current default theme?  What specifically is wrong with it
I agree, smf needs a better default theme. Something more vibrant.

Garou

While I love the core theme for administrating the boards especially when it comes to using or adapting various mods to other themes, I usually use a custom theme as the default.

Even when I use to use Yabb, most of the sites Ive worked on tend to want a theme more tailored to their own looks and needs. I'm currently working on 3 different World of Warcraft Guild sites and am using the wowdk theme with minor graphical changes to support their guild logos.

Night09

Im on Default theme atm working on mods before using them on a new theme im working on as a project atm.

kebumendiary

i love default theme. it's cool and elegant.

Blind Bandit

Quote from: Gary S. Ghoulsdon on September 26, 2008, 06:42:25 AM

I know this probably won't happen but I would love to see a version of the theme here on the support forum.

Or in other words nice solid blue with the drop down menus and possible update the other colors (board and category ect) or just bring the menu color down into other parts of the theme.

It would give a nice option to those who didn't want a change and possible a little more modern look.

And come one who dosen't love the very nice drop down menus?

But no matter what it will be nice to see a new theme.  :D

Costa

I use Dilber MC

But a lot of users of my forum like the Default theme

Farewell
~[Costa]
Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

pixelita

This is probably of no help, but since I design sites for a living, all of my SMF installs are custom jobs, created to match the web site.  I have found that Crip's "Posts" theme which is virtually tableless, is the easiest them to customize from the ground up.  However, a shortcoming of it is that you have to install some mods by hand. 

However, I always keep the default SMF theme around in case I blow up my custom theme.  :D
Pixelita Designs LLC
~~One out of many, but one that matters
hxxp:www.pixelita.com [nonactive]

genieuk

Mine is Outline Omega - It Rocks  :D

w-dueck

I use the Endar theme with some slight modifications, like post icons (I don't think it came with any...or I lost them) but If I may say, the default themes are very neat.

Advertisement: