News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Auto Email Inactive Ordinary Users

Started by rsw686, May 12, 2008, 12:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

Quote from: Arantor on August 27, 2013, 11:34:30 PM
This is also why all new mods are pretty much forced to declare an open licence.

Not quite true, they are encouraged to use an open license but its up to the author if they release under an open or closed license, not seen anyone release under a closed license yet but open license is not forced, demanded etc

Yeh I knew it was  later just wasnt 100% :P

running on energy juice atm
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

That's mostly semantics, there aren't many closed licences that would still allow for mods to be downloaded anyway.

Deaks

i dont disagree but I do with the term forced to when no-one is forced to do anything ... well except you .... wait you werent to know that so forget that last bit :D

* Μπράιαν "Poύνικ" Ντίκεν runs
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Sandmansa

Quote from: Μπράιαν "Poύνικ" Ντίκεν on August 27, 2013, 11:37:52 PM
http://www.simplemachines.org/about/smf/license.php

Yeah, I read that before and it's kind of hazy on contributors rights.  In fact, it pretty much states that simple machines it self has final say over it's own software and of that in which it's contributors submitted to it.  Since I was unable to get in contact with the author of this mod, I left it up to an admin to make the call on my posting that updated version.   I understand that the rules are here to protect the company name and it's people.  I can respect your dedication to them.  I know that's the way it has to be and Arantor is right.  Rules do suck sometimes.

Arantor

QuoteIn fact, it pretty much states that simple machines it self has final say over it's own software

That's because it owns the copyright, funny that.

Quoteand of that in which it's contributors submitted to it

Not so much of 2.0 but certainly of 1.1.x. Mostly that's down to being able to grant rights to modification authors to be able to write and distribute modifications (which, remember, must contain copyrighted code) without being in legal trouble.

luuuciano

Quote from: Sandmansa on August 26, 2013, 10:28:35 PM
Well then here it goes.  If I am in violation of posting this then admins, please forgive my mistake and please feel free to delete my attachment.    I have tested it on 2.0.5 and it does install and work as originally advertised.

Sandmansa, as you can not redistribute the mod... what about showing the changes to do in files so, after we made them, it works on new smf version?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Sandmansa

As I said before, the only changes I made, I got from this post.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=238929.msg3591325#msg3591325

All I did was fix the installer with those snips of code and renamed the installer version number so it won't be confused with the one that won't install properly.

luuuciano

Here an spanish translation, maybe someone finds it useful

$txt['scheduled_task_email_inactive'] = 'Auto Email Inactive Users';
$txt['scheduled_task_desc_email_inactive'] = 'Envía un recordatorio a miembros inactivos por más de 21 días. <a href="' . $scripturl. '?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=aeiou">Configuración.</a>';
$txt['aeiou'] = 'Email Inactive';
$txt['aeiou_title'] = 'Auto Email Inactive Ordinary Users';
$txt['aeiou_status'] = 'AEIOU está {STATUS}. Configurelo en {PAGE} página.';
$txt['aeiou_mail_status'] = 'La cola de mensajes está {STATUS}. Esto puede causar problemas de performance.<br />Activela en la {PAGE} página.';
$txt['aeiou_enabled'] = 'activado';
$txt['aeiou_disabled'] = 'DESACTIVADO';
$txt['aeiou_settings'] = 'Configuración';
$txt['aeiou_initial_subject'] = 'Asunto de email inicial';
$txt['aeiou_initial_message'] = 'Mensaje de email inicial';
$txt['aeiou_final_subject'] = 'Asunto de email final';
$txt['aeiou_final_message'] = 'Mensaje de email final';
$txt['aeiou_email_desc1'] = 'Sólo texto (No html, no bbcode)';
$txt['aeiou_email_desc2'] = 'Variables permitidas';
$txt['aeiou_email_desc3'] = '$username, $displayname, $forum, $link, $lostpassword';
$txt['aeiou_last_emailed'] = 'Últimos 10 miembros inactivos a los que se envió email';
$txt['aeiou_never'] = 'Nunca';
$txt['aeiou_initial'] = 'Email inicial';
$txt['aeiou_final'] = 'Email final';
$txt['aeiou_default_subject'] = 'Hola $displayname';
$txt['aeiou_default_message'] = '¡Hola $displayname! Te hemos extrañado en $forum.
Ya que ha pasado un tiempo sin verte, pensamos en mandarte esta invitación personal para que vuelvas a participar del foro.

$link

Tu nombre de usuario es $username.
Si te has olvidado de la clave, puedes pedir una en $lostpassword

¡Saludos!
El staff de $forum';
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

larry007

Is this mod the only one that can do this or is there a similar mod on the market?

Does it work still for 2.0.9?

Diego Andrés

Quote from: larry007 on November 13, 2014, 08:27:44 AM
Is this mod the only one that can do this or is there a similar mod on the market?

Does it work still for 2.0.9?

https://github.com/MissAllSunday/emailInactiveUsers

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

shabbadoof

I all

I am running this mod on 2.0.9 SMF (running version 1.1.1 of this mod) but it is not populating the user list

I have set it to after 3 days but 6 days later it isn't filling the list up at all

Any ideas?

Diego Andrés

This mod is old and it's not being supported by his author anymore.
Did you try the option I left above your reply?

shabbadoof

No - I am not sure what to download from that github page

do I just download the Zip and then re-install it onto my SMF forum

would this actually fix the issue about the user list not populating?

shabbadoof

OK i've downloaded the zip and re-installed the addon

Should it now work once they the users have reached their trigger point and appear in the 'user list' for deletion

Stanyy

Where they said "Enable/Disable Deleting of Users (Only SMF 1.1.x)". Does this mean it is active in 2.0 or non-existent?

Diego Andrés

petewadey

Has anyone tried this mod on SMF 2.0.15? Or know of similar that would work?
Thanks
Pete

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

petewadey

I could never get that one to work? Maybe I'll see if I can get help sorting that one again.
Thanks

Advertisement: