News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Auto Email Inactive Ordinary Users

Started by rsw686, May 12, 2008, 12:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky.

Quote from: bpratt on December 25, 2011, 07:17:05 PM
I hate to say it, but I think that if someone has effectively disappeared from supporting their project, it then becomes open again for someone to take it over.
After all, isn't that what open source is all about ?
By all means, keep some credits in there for the original author, but keep the project alive.
This is not true, if author has not explicitly stated that its open source then its a closed license and unless author doesn't give permission, releasing its modified version will be against international copyright laws.

bpratt

Quote from: Ricky. on December 26, 2011, 12:32:33 AM
Quote from: bpratt on December 25, 2011, 07:17:05 PM
I hate to say it, but I think that if someone has effectively disappeared from supporting their project, it then becomes open again for someone to take it over.
After all, isn't that what open source is all about ?
By all means, keep some credits in there for the original author, but keep the project alive.
This is not true, if author has not explicitly stated that its open source then its a closed license and unless author doesn't give permission, releasing its modified version will be against international copyright laws.

Okay, my mistake then.

However just reading the first post :-

AUTO EMAIL INACTIVE ORDINARY USERS v1.7
Originally by Karl Benson
Taken over by Ryan Wagoner

Ryan hasn't been on this forum since November 2010, and this project wasn't originally his, it was just that he took it over.

Sooooo..... is there anyone out there prepared to take this project over as Ryan once did ?

Ricky.

No, he asked Karl's permission to update it. Even if someone want to take it, he need permission from Ryan.

bpratt

Quote from: Ricky. on December 26, 2011, 02:00:11 AM
No, he asked Karl's permission to update it. Even if someone want to take it, he need permission from Ryan.

Bit of a Catch-22 situation then. :(

If Ryan was around, chances are he'd do the update himself, so I doubt someone who might be prepared to do the good deed of asking permission first, might be wasting his time asking, if you know what I mean.  ;)

digit

Quote from: digit on October 09, 2011, 06:50:29 AM
Sorry if this has already been asked - I have had this mod installed for quite some time - has been working great - thanks!

I have Users Awaiting Deletion disabled.  It shows a few thousand.... but there is no way to see a list of these users.

I would like to see this list to manually delete these members - is this possible, and if so, how?

Thanks!

Bump.

Are those marked for deletion - but not deleted via the settings viewable in phpmyadmin by any chance?

Thanks.
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

iverSUN

Instead of asking, why not just someone do it? Not like the guy is going to come back...

Even if he DID come back, and even if he DID want to take all the time and money to sue you, as long as you're not making money off the project, the first step would be to cease and desist. Easy enough.

If I had a little more knowledge of SMF, I'd take this project over myself. Forget "asking for permission"...  ::)

lazanya

Quote from: iverSUN on February 15, 2012, 05:09:59 PM
Instead of asking, why not just someone do it? Not like the guy is going to come back...

Even if he DID come back, and even if he DID want to take all the time and money to sue you, as long as you're not making money off the project, the first step would be to cease and desist. Easy enough.

If I had a little more knowledge of SMF, I'd take this project over myself. Forget "asking for permission"...  ::)

I agree.

musicus

Quote from: Diego Andrés on August 08, 2011, 11:30:59 AM
Well ... the author doesn´t upgrade this ..

Here is the MOD for SMF 2.0
Enjoy it!

Edit, you can't redistribute this mod without the author's permission.

hi Diego,

Where is the link, I don`t see it. Maybe I`m blind ;D

Diego Andrés

Quote from: musicus on March 28, 2012, 02:03:29 PM
Quote from: Diego Andrés on August 08, 2011, 11:30:59 AM
Well ... the author doesn´t upgrade this ..

Here is the MOD for SMF 2.0
Enjoy it!

Edit, you can't redistribute this mod without the author's permission.

hi Diego,

Where is the link, I don`t see it. Maybe I`m blind ;D

See the edit by moderator

"Edit, you can't redistribute this mod without the author's permission."

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Drover

I got no warnings, but on install got this:

Table 'xxx_xxx.members' doesn't exist
File: /home/xxx/public_html/nationalprepperexchange.com/forum/Packages/temp/2b3-dbmodify.php
Line: 19

Any idea what the problem is and how to fix?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using 2.0.2.

Drover

Hmmm...so reading back through old posts, this mod doesn't work and isn't supported?  Why is it even still available? 

Anyone know a similar mod that does work for 2.0?

phpshiva

i would love to have this how can i get this?
can any one email this to me?

TigPT

Anyone whiling to create a something like this based on this idea? I think it would be great to all forum owners and members.

I also think SMF need to rethink about the SMF modifications copyrights, there are more deprecated modifications then active ones. This way the community can't truest the plataform, some important modification can become outdated from one day to another and no one can continue to work on that.

Come one guys, we all love SMF, we need to push it to become a growing platform.

bpratt

I agree with you TigPT, there are a huge amount of orphaned mods that could do with people jumping in and taking them over as their 'own', of course including appropriately crediting the original author that this is based upon their original code.

This one particular mod is one that I am really keen to see updated to smf v2.x levels.

phpshiva

Its working but can i set this to 30 days? and how do i do that?
because in holliday's they be away longer than 21 day's
and then its sending to much mail out

Does anyone know how?

Thanks

babaearly

how can i make this mod work with 2.0.2?

mrnuke

Whoever got this to work on 2.0.2 please email me some help for it. Obviously it's not going to get 'officially' updated here.

Thanks
Www.ctguntalk.com CT's hottest Firearms, Politics and News Social Site.

Galaxy Computers

Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Morris Technologies Computer Support Forum

Galaxy Computers

Well I have just re-installed this mod on version 2.0.1 and I have about 8 users and then when I run a task it sends out 3 out of 7 instead all 7 at once the other 4 haven't been online for the past several years. How can I fix this?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Galaxy Computers

Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Advertisement: