News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Unable to upgrade from 1.1.5

Started by mwapnitsky, May 13, 2008, 01:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwapnitsky

Did a clean 1.1.5 install then copied my database.  Everything worked fine.  Then uploaded the release 2 upgrade beta files and tried to do an upgrade.

Received following message:

The upgrader found some old or outdated files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package.

Click here to try again.

Any suggestions? 

Marvin BuZZ

SleePy

Make sure all files are uploaded.
Some FTP clients have issues with going to deep into folders to upload files and do not get them all uploaded or may miss them if they already exist.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

ONLiNEZONE

Quote from: SleePy on May 13, 2008, 05:49:58 PM
Make sure all files are uploaded.
Some FTP clients have issues with going to deep into folders to upload files and do not get them all uploaded or may miss them if they already exist.

I recommand FileZila Client
Google it :D
Regards,
Mark.

50 | 100 | 150 | 200 | 250 | 300...

archiebald

I had this same error, but I have access to a dedicated server.

I use remote desktop on the server to download the zip file, then unzip it directly on the server into the forum directory.

Then I tried to upgrade and got the same error message posted above.  So I don't think it can be a case of missing files

Sheila * R

I got the same error doing the same thing.

archiebald

Some additional information....

I just did a complete run through from 1.1.2 with a working (test) forum and database, upgraded to 1.13, then to 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 by using the package method each time.

All was working fine.

Then unzipped the contents of "smf_2-0-beta3-1p_upgrade.zip" into the folder and tried to run using upgrade.php.

I had this error message

-----------------------------------------
Upgrading from YaBB SE!
The upgrader found some old or outdated files.
Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package.
Click here to try again.
----------------------------------------

All the more interesting because I run a dedicated server that has never had a YaBB file on it.

Just want to add that I have TP 0.9.8.3 installed and cannot uninstall it through the package manager.

archiebald

More Research - the problem and a solution has already been found

here  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=229424.msg1526337#msg1526337

There is an error in the file upgrade php in the 2.3.1 beta release package.  It needs to be edited before you can start upgrading

Rumbaar

Thank you archiebald for that link.  Was that a solution for you also mwapnitsky?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Kryptech

I hope the SMF staff makes the changes to the download package for the upgrade as this may send alot of prospective users packing....

Rumbaar

If my memory serves me, I think it has been addressed on the package that can be downloaded.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: