News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[2.0 Beta 3.1 ] Errors on permission page

Started by Jelle Mees, May 13, 2008, 07:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jelle Mees

When I go to "Admin" -> "Members" -> "Permissions" I see the following errors at the top of the page:

Notice: Undefined index: permissionname_copy_own in /mounted-storage/home95c/sub006/sc26341-IINL/www/FlemishArmySite/Trackmania/Sources/ManagePermissions.php on line 1638

Notice:
Undefined index: permissionname_copy_any in /mounted-storage/home95c/sub006/sc26341-IINL/www/FlemishArmySite/Trackmania/Sources/ManagePermissions.php on line 1642

I see this because I have debug-mode enabled on my forum.

My forum works 100% fine at the moment, including the permissions page.
Carl from realapplet.com knows his way round SMF and according to him it's a bug.

rsw686

Nope don't see that on my forum. I'm betting the error is coming from a mod. Do you use the copy topics mod?
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

Jelle Mees

Quote from: rsw686 on May 13, 2008, 08:02:50 PM
Nope don't see that on my forum. I'm betting the error is coming from a mod. Do you use the copy topics mod?

Yep, I do.

rsw686

I have a feeling it is that mod since it is related to copy_any and copy_own permissions. Try uninstalling it and see if the error goes away.
The Reptile File

Aquaria Talk

Jelle Mees

Your feeling is correct.

When I click on uninstall I get these errors at the top of the page:

Notice: Undefined index: failed in /mounted-storage/home95c/sub006/sc26341-IINL/www/FlemishArmySite/Trackmania/Sources/Packages.php on line 485

Notice: Undefined index: position in /mounted-storage/home95c/sub006/sc26341-IINL/www/FlemishArmySite/Trackmania/Sources/Packages.php on line 486

Notice: Undefined index: failed in /mounted-storage/home95c/sub006/sc26341-IINL/www/FlemishArmySite/Trackmania/Sources/Packages.php on line 490

And on the page itself I see

1.     Execute Modification     -     Modification parse error
2.    Delete File    ./Sources/CopyTopic.php    
3.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/CopyTopic.template.php    
4.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/images/buttons/admin_copy.gif    
5.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/images/icons/quick_copy.gif

Should I click on "uninstall now" or not? What is this modification parse error?

rsw686

You can expand the execute modification line to see exactly what it modifies. I would post in the copy topic support thread and see what they have to say. I haven't used the mod myself and have no idea what the code looks like.
The Reptile File

Aquaria Talk

karlbenson

Indeed it appears to be a bug in my CopyTopics mod.
I think I've posted the solution @ http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=218406.0
(last page)

Jelle Mees

Quote from: karlbenson on May 13, 2008, 09:17:40 PM
Indeed it appears to be a bug in my CopyTopics mod.
I think I've posted the solution @ http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=218406.0
(last page)

Your solution did fix a couple of thigns, but not everything.

Rumbaar

But were you able to fix the two errors mentioned in your original post?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Jelle Mees

Quote from: Rumbaar on June 08, 2008, 08:39:42 AM
But were you able to fix the two errors mentioned in your original post?

Don't remember. I disabled the debug messages. I don't care if the forum is filled with errors anymore, as long as I don't see them. The only thing that is still buggy is the shoutbox, but I am sure it will be fixed some time in the future.

Advertisement: