News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[WIP mod] Bittorrent Tracker for SMF 2.0RC3

Started by niko, May 15, 2008, 04:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casvdry

It's ashame that more torrent mods are not getting more attention, they're definitely needed even if for only very small communities.

busterone

Hopefully Niko will have the time to finish it someday. It is my understanding that he is busy with more pressing projects, so I understand the delay here. As I said before, it has a great potential for future use. I do not have a need for it in a production site myself, but if it is ever finished, I may give it another go.  :)

neurosis

is it possible to add tracker url in php file if i can then in which and where should i place the url

agent47

Can someone please tell me what exactly does this mod do? Please elaborate in detail :)

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

busterone

Quote from: agent47 on October 10, 2010, 06:41:58 PM
Can someone please tell me what exactly does this mod do? Please elaborate in detail :)
You may need to read this first if you do not know what a bittorrent tracker is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_tracker

agent47

Quote from: busterone on October 10, 2010, 10:00:27 PM
You may need to read this first if you do not know what a bittorrent tracker is.
I know what a bittorrent tracker does besides I'm a SysOP for a couple of private torrent sites myself. LoL
Let me re-phrase my question: What exactly does this MOD do?

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

silviotiago

Hi,

I've installed this mod, and I can upload torrents and it kind of works... but only admin can download the torrents, I've tried to search on user permissions and I couldnt see anything that enables normal user download.

Everytime a user clicks on torrent, says_
You are not allowed to download from tracker

What should I do?
Thanks

busterone

Quote from: agent47 on October 12, 2010, 09:25:23 AM
Quote from: busterone on October 10, 2010, 10:00:27 PM
I know what a bittorrent tracker does besides I'm a SysOP for a couple of private torrent sites myself. LoL
Let me re-phrase my question: What exactly does this MOD do?
My apologies.  :)  It gives a very basic tracker function to the forum. It uses the SMF permission system to allow/ disallow user groups access to the tracker and to upload torrents. Torrents are uploaded via a post using the attachment function. It keeps basic stats on the uploader, the seeders/leeches of a torrent and also ratio. It also has the ability to use a passkey. It is very basic and it does work, but it doesn't yet have the ability to set up torrent categories, etc. If you are curious about it's functions, do as I did and set up a fresh smf install in a subdomain and then installed this mod to play with. I gave access to a couple of friends and we uploaded and tested it out.

Quote from: silviotiago on October 12, 2010, 05:22:37 PM
Hi,

I've installed this mod, and I can upload torrents and it kind of works... but only admin can download the torrents, I've tried to search on user permissions and I couldnt see anything that enables normal user download.

What should I do?
Thanks
Assuming it installed correctly, there is a permission setting for each usergroup that gives access to the tracker to upload and download. I did notice that when I tested it out several months ago, that it worked when I activated a passkey, but without the passkey activated, other users often got an error upon attempting to download. Maybe someone else that is still using it can give more insight as well. I tried it and after a month or so, I deleted the entire test forum that I was using.

silviotiago

Quote from: busterone on October 12, 2010, 06:05:36 PM
Quote from: silviotiago on October 12, 2010, 05:22:37 PM
Hi,

What should I do?
Thanks
Assuming it installed correctly, there is a permission setting for each usergroup that gives access to the tracker to upload and download. I did notice that when I tested it out several months ago, that it worked when I activated a passkey, but without the passkey activated, other users often got an error upon attempting to download. Maybe someone else that is still using it can give more insight as well. I tried it and after a month or so, I deleted the entire test forum that I was using.

Hi,

I've reuploaded the files "manually" and now its working.
Thanks

busterone

madman71

Anyone know what would cause this while trying to download a torrent?

I get this every time i try to download a test torrent.
it seems that the file gets broken during the download.

inter

Sorry for my English

inter

Quote from: Niko on December 20, 2010, 01:54:50 PM
http://download.smfarcade.info/svnbuild/SMF_Torrent_0.1_rev132.zip?key=st

;D thanks!!!

It is necessary to make this unit separately from a forum that torrents it was possible to load and make comments not at a forum and in separate rooms
Sorry for my English

Mr.Hide

I search for Russian translation, at somebody is?

niko

Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Maggot01

My question is what exactly should the annouce url be?

hxxp:mydomain.com/announce.php [nonactive]

right?

busterone

Maggot01

Funny I've tried this many times and utorrent still says 0 seeds.

I'm also getting unknown directory messages when I try to download a torrent?

busterone

Are you using the passkey function?  I haven't used this in a long time, but if I am not mistaken, you must create the torrent in uTorrent and save it, but do not load it. Then, upload it to your tracker. Then, you must download the torrent file from your tracker and load the downloaded one, not the original. 
If you are not using the passkey, I think you still have to do the same.

Advertisement: