News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How do I install Mods?

Started by ONLiNEZONE, May 15, 2008, 06:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONLiNEZONE

Hey,

How do I install mods like...
The directory and stuff where would I upload it on to my host using FTP?

Thanks.
Regards,
Mark.

50 | 100 | 150 | 200 | 250 | 300...

Kindred

you don't upload anything using FTP.

You use the SMF package manager in the admin section.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ONLiNEZONE

Quote from: Kindred on May 15, 2008, 06:05:40 PM
you don't upload anything using FTP.

You use the SMF package manager in the admin section.

It doesn't let me use it when I want to install it any mod for version x2
Regards,
Mark.

SgtMic

Can you expand a little on what you mean by "it won't let me"?
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

ONLiNEZONE

Quote from: SgtMic on May 15, 2008, 06:21:31 PM
Can you expand a little on what you mean by "it won't let me"?

Okay,
How do I use Package Manager.
@ SgtMic: Thanks for reply. :D
Regards,
Mark.

SgtMic

Go into the package manager. You will need to download the package (mod).
Once you do that, you can then choose to install the mod.
Once you choose to install it, it will bring you to a screen showing what files get "modded" and if there are any errors. If there are errors, you will need to manually install the code into those files.
That is a whole 'nother topic. :)
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Kindred

you might want to try using the search function, and maybe even look through the documentation?
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=49.0;sort=subject

If you want help, you need to be much more specific in what help you need and what sort of errors you might begetting (if any)

You also need to tell us what version of SMF you are running.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ONLiNEZONE

@ SgtMic, Thanks for the help and support.
@ Kindred, Also thanks for help and support, I run SMF 2.0.

Thanks, for the help and support :D
Regards,
Mark.

Rumbaar

Are you able to successfully use and install mods to your SMF 2.* forum using Package Manager?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

ONLiNEZONE

Quote from: Rumbaar on June 09, 2008, 04:19:07 AM
Are you able to successfully use and install mods to your SMF 2.* forum using Package Manager?
Nope.
Regards,
Mark.

jb3398

I uploaded to the lastest verson of smf verion 2. I need help installing the chat mod, arcade and download. If anyone knows how to manually install the errors and can assist me it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote from: SgtMic on May 15, 2008, 08:09:00 PM
Go into the package manager. You will need to download the package (mod).
Once you do that, you can then choose to install the mod.
Once you choose to install it, it will bring you to a screen showing what files get "modded" and if there are any errors. If there are errors, you will need to manually install the code into those files.
That is a whole 'nother topic. :)

Kindred

have those mods been updated for smf 2.0?
Слaва
Украинi

Rumbaar

jb3398 please don't cross post the same question over multiple threads, it's also best to create your own thread to address your own problem instead of hijacking someone else's thread.

So ONLiNEZONE you are unable to use the Package Manager at all for any mods?  What are the exact mods you've tried so far?  With specific errors/issues you've had.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

jb3398

I tried the chat mod?

Quote from: Rumbaar on June 11, 2008, 06:08:56 PM
jb3398 please don't cross post the same question over multiple threads, it's also best to create your own thread to address your own problem instead of hijacking someone else's thread.

So ONLiNEZONE you are unable to use the Package Manager at all for any mods?  What are the exact mods you've tried so far?  With specific errors/issues you've had.

Kindred

Quote from: Rumbaar on June 11, 2008, 06:08:56 PM
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: