News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

YABB 2.1 to SMF 1.1.5 conversion problem

Started by brisbane, May 16, 2008, 04:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brisbane

Hi,

Just converted my YABB 2.1 to SMF. When I log in, I can see all Members and all Categories, but the Posts all all missing.  :-[

I've checked the mySQL database and all posts are there. Just that SMF is not seeing/displaying them.

Oddly enough, when I type a keyword into the Search box on my board, all messages are displayed that have that keyword.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem after conversion and how to fix it?

Thanks.
Regards,
  Tony

SleePy

Do they show as being in a board?

Does going to Admin -> Forum maintenance
Then clicking Find and repair errors fix it?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

brisbane

Thanks a lot for that. Seems to have fixed it. :-)

Quote from: SleePy on May 18, 2008, 10:33:48 PM
Do they show as being in a board?

Does going to Admin -> Forum maintenance
Then clicking Find and repair errors fix it?
Regards,
  Tony

gsicard

I have a nagging problem somewhat similar.

Converting from yabb 2.1 to SMF 1.1.5.

Converter runs and display successful conversion.  However, only half the forum messages are imported.  The yabb board has over 18,000 post and the SMF forum after conversion show 9,648. Any idea what could cause that.

Yabb board: http://dogocanarioclub.org/forum [nofollow]
SMF board: http://dogocanarioclub.us/forum [nofollow]

To do the conversion I copied the entire yabb forum from the old server (.org) into a /yabb directory on the new server (.us) and changed the paths in the Paths.pl [nofollow] file.

Am I missing something else that needs to be changed for the converter to get all the posts?

SleePy

Are some of the posts missing on the new site?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

gsicard

Yes Sleepy.. that is the problem.  Converter runs fine but about half the post are missing.

SleePy

Well you said you moved to a new server. Did you make sure when you did that all the data from Yabb was moved over?

Advertisement: