News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Stats kinda messed up

Started by Jade Elizabeth, May 16, 2008, 10:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Well I havent really touched them, and I did note before I installed a mod that added top posters or something (Karls mod) that it looked odd...I never put my finger on it until a member asked...

The second row on the left is 127...its got a bigger bar than the one above it, which is 480.

I thought that could be out of the total posts in the board, but from the live view it doesnt match up (funny index has 88 on live view, but it holds 92 topics). I thought it could be out of the total topics too, but I found 5 in there that he hasnt posted in, so it cant be.

I've also noted the same on this site (example here)....so is it a bug or am I missing some very important reason for it?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

SleePy

not a bug.

It takes the boards by posts graph based off of the total posts for that board.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Jade Elizabeth

Okay, explain? I just said the numbers didnt match up when I tested that...
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

SleePy

The query works off of your posts in that board and the total posts for that board.
It then judges the bar graph off that.
Posts != topics.. Post is the individual message while a topic is the whole thing over the subject.

Even if they made a lot of posts in one board, if its a very active board with lots of topics, then their bar graph won't be very big in comparison to a new board that only a few people have posted in with them posting a lot in it.

Edit,
ps check your bug report.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Jade Elizabeth

Oh okay, I'll let them know :D

Advertisement: