News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

No longer getting notifications...

Started by General_Naga, May 17, 2008, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanks

Could it have something to do with "weekly notyfications" as found in the maintanence area ?

Rumbaar

I notice you mention you've upgraded to 2.x, now can I ask if these notifications were set before the upgrade or were made after the upgrade and still not getting them.

When you go to your profile and Notifications area are these threads/boards listing in the Current Topic Notifications/Current Board Notifications area?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

General_Naga

I'm set to receive instant notifications so the scheduled tasks wouldn't have any effect - nice idea though!

The settings for notifications were first setup under 1.1.4 and continued to work under 1.1.5 The problem arose after installing 2.0b 3.1 - so I went into my profile settings and deselected the notifications for a board. Saved. Then reselected the notifications for that board and saved. This doesn't seem to have had any effect though.

In the notifications area of my profile settings I have a list of boards I have subscribed to and a list of topics which I'm subscripted to because I'm subscribed to the board. What I find interesting is that topics which were created after the upgrade to 2.0 are listed. So everything appears to be working correctly up-until that point.

SleePy

Do you know if the emails are even getting sent out?
Your host would be able to provide this info. But if the emails are getting out, then it would tell us they are most likely being lost for some reason.

Any errors in the error log when it tries to email a user? If there are no errors, then this means it made it to the sendmail application on the server and SMF does not know where it goes after that (as the server does the rest of the work).
Change over to SMTP for a while. And then let it email. SMTP would give more error messages as this time PHP is doing more work to send out the email and would receive error messages about emailing somebody. You would need a valid address and all to be able to email out via SMTP.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

General_Naga

I assumed it couldn't be the E-mail settings as new member notifications are getting through. Its just topic notifications which aren't working.

Rumbaar

Is your webmaster e-mail address defined in Server Settings area the same as the one you are using in your SMTP username area.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

General_Naga

Is now. Nothing come through yet and there have been new posts in notified boards. :(

Rumbaar

You mentioned that there is no issues with a test install of the forum on the same server.  Are the mail settings 100% the same on both forums?

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: