News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Ignore User?

Started by LiquidStang, August 03, 2003, 11:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiquidStang

Any idea if you'll include the ability to ignore a user's posts?
Functionless Art is Simply Tolerated Vandalism

David

I've never understood this feature.  If they reply in a thread it could change or reshape the thread and you may get parts of their posts in quotes or something.  Seems like if you don't want to read something they post then just scroll past it but that way you still have the option to read it.
This space for rent.

sensovision

didn't understand it either... IMHO if someone is really worth of ignoring on community maybe Mods should deal with him? ;)

mephisto_kur

I didn't understand it either until I had to use it a few times.  It works great with trolls.
She put her foot down on the oscillation pedal - she was a transdimensional speeder!

Douglas

I would also support this feature.  Trust me, with an international customer base, it really does come in handy.  I've had 5 members put another member on ignore.

What you COULD do is make it linkable (like vBulletin does) where if you TRULY wanted to read what they said, you click on a link, it pops up that individual ignored post in a separate window, no reply function, etc.  It does work wonders.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

mephisto_kur

Yep.  I've used that pop-up on occasion just to keep myself from responding to someone.
She put her foot down on the oscillation pedal - she was a transdimensional speeder!

LiquidStang

My board can get heated at times...and we have some users just like to just post whore around, thus I'd rather not have every thread I read full of their stupid replies or smileyfaced nothings.

Just my opinion though.........this is a "wish" not a must I suppose.
Functionless Art is Simply Tolerated Vandalism

Overseer

lol @ post whore

we actually have a problem on my forum where we call 'attention whoring' now.. in part because of this picture (they have a phase of excessively using these too)

Knippy

You could have it show the actual post like the user and stuff..
but the avatar is

--------------
|BLOCKED|
--------------

and the content would be

[Because you are ignoring $Poster all posts from this user are not visible]

I used mIRC like identifier up there ;)

Advertisement: