nCode Image Resizer

Started by vbgamer45, May 18, 2008, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norweschendir

hey there,
i installed this mod to smf 2.0.1 and it works with a few adjustments. so the autoinstall does not work for Subs and ManageSettings. i had to add this by myself.

BUT: please, please, please add a line into the readme how to handle this mod. i.e. where to find the settings for (admin > features and options > general) or that you have to insert some settings in the database before the mod will work. (or use the general tab in the forum - if you find it... )
i spend more time to find the settings or the values i had to insert in the database as to install this mod. so may you can add some defaultsettings into the database during installing?

and now, a german translation, feel free to use!

// --- Begin added code - nCode Image Resizer ---
$txt['ncode_imageresizer_warning_small'] = 'Hier klicken um das ganze Bild anzuzeigen.';
$txt['ncode_imageresizer_warning_filesize'] = 'Dieses Bild wurde verkleinert. Hier klicken um das ganze Bild anzuzeigen. Die Originalgröße ist %1$sx%2$s und ist %3$sKB groß;.';
$txt['ncode_imageresizer_warning_no_filesize'] = 'Dieses Bild wurde verkleinert. Hier klicken um das ganze Bild anzuzeigen. Die Originalgröße ist %1$sx%2$s.';
$txt['ncode_imageresizer_warning_fullsize'] = 'Hier klicken um das Bild zu verkleinern.';
$txt['ncode_imageresizer_mode'] = 'Bild Größenänderungsmodus';
$txt['ncode_imageresizer_original'] = 'Originalgröße beibehalten';
$txt['ncode_imageresizer_enlarge_same'] = 'Vergrößern im selben Dokument';
$txt['ncode_imageresizer_open_same'] = 'Im selben Fenster öffnen';
$txt['ncode_imageresizer_open_new'] = 'In neuem Fenster öffnen';
$txt['ncode_imageresizer_max_width'] = 'Maximale Breite';
$txt['ncode_imageresizer_max_height'] = 'Maximale H&ouml;he<br /><span class="smalltext">Leer lassen f&uuml;r keine H&ouml;henbeschr&auml;nkung.</span>';

// --- End added code ---

Cordwainer

Is there any way to get rid of the bar?

Cordwainer

HunterP

Cordwainer

Quote from: HunterP on December 03, 2011, 03:25:25 PM
What bar?

The bar above the image that you click to expand the image. I think it looks ugly, and I'd rather get rid of it and have the entire image be clickable to expand in a new tab.

HunterP

Quote from: Cordwainer on December 03, 2011, 03:45:17 PM
The bar above the image that you click to expand the image. I think it looks ugly, and I'd rather get rid of it and have the entire image be clickable to expand in a new tab.

Ah, you want the image to be clickable. But how do you know if an image is resized? How do you know that it IS clickable?

Cordwainer

If an image appears cropped, shrunk, or low-detail, the natural impulse (as far as I'm aware) is that it's a thumbnail and that it can be clicked to expand it. You know it's clickable because your mouse cursor changes to a hand with an extended index finger whenever you hover over it or any other link / object / interactive thing in your browser.

The bar is superfluous, and it creates an awful buffer when you're posting lots and lots of images which I do because I run a gaming forum.

Cordwainer

Also, I wouldn't mind if as a consequence all images were clickable, because why not? It's often nicer to examine an image by itself, and since most of the images we'll be posting are high-resolution you'd expect most of them to be resized.

HunterP

Quote from: Cordwainer on December 04, 2011, 01:26:51 AM
Also, I wouldn't mind if as a consequence all images were clickable, because why not? It's often nicer to examine an image by itself, and since most of the images we'll be posting are high-resolution you'd expect most of them to be resized.

But what if someone links an image? Like this :

The image should already be clickable by the BBcode. Your suggestion might cause conflicts.

Cordwainer

I can see where a user might want to have an image link to somewhere else, so maybe I could implement a custom tag to fix that.

jaisi

anybody going to update this mod for 2.02  gold ???? i really need this mod for 2.0.2 .

THanks in advnave

luuuciano

Have you tried emulating previous version?
Im using it without problems

Wel... just 2 JS error reported by firebug... have someone solved that?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

chili

new in here :) just made my first forum using the SMF .. and i badly need this mod for 2.02  .. and i'm not that great at coding so it has to be as installer .. 

luuuciano

Quote from: chili on January 05, 2012, 09:48:07 AM
new in here :) just made my first forum using the SMF .. and i badly need this mod for 2.02  .. and i'm not that great at coding so it has to be as installer .. 

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_install_a_mod_that_doesn%27t_work_in_my_SMF_version
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

chili

Thank you so much for trying to help .. but it still doesn't work .. i get an error " there's a missmatch of mod and smf  ver. :(

Swifty550

Quote from: chili on January 05, 2012, 04:03:38 PM
Thank you so much for trying to help .. but it still doesn't work .. i get an error " there's a missmatch of mod and smf  ver. :(

Emulate the version number.

olihar

Has anyone thought about have-ing a Thickbox kind of style to the larger image after you click so things to dark and you focus on the image instead of it getting scrollbars for fixed width layouts.

Guess Thickbox is not being developed any more... I guess something like this would work the same way.
http://www.shadowbox-js.com/index.html

Zuća

how to integrate mod with smf gallery ?

Biology Forums

Doesn't SMF have this feature already, where you can set the maximum width and height of a linked image? What difference is this?

Arantor

The first line of the description explains the difference; it makes it easier to open it in place or in a new tab.

Advertisement: