News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Template changes

Started by mark7144, May 20, 2008, 06:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark7144

My forum is on 1.1.5 but when SMF2 comes out of beta, will there be instructions for converting custom themes to work properly with SMF2? Mine is very custom to me so this is extremely important.   

karlbenson

In the next beta, the html in the new semantic default theme will change ENTIRELY.

Whilst the upgrade script of smf will attempt to convert 1.1.x theme to 2.x. Those themes will obviously be missing all the new features.
My forum too is heavily customized and is one reason why I'm waiting.

For 2.x you'll have to reinstall all your mods anyway for the new querying style.

mark7144

So when the new beta is release, it will convert my custom theme automatically? But the extra features will be missing until I manually add those?

I hope a tutorial comes out explaining how to add all the new features, that's very important for theme authors as well.

Rumbaar

I think it will try it's best, but if the nature of the custom theme template files have changed a lot from base then I'm sure it wont be able too.

There might be a need to start from scratch ...
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

tuko

Those of us that who are customizing Beta 3 as it is released, will the next Beta affect us to?

Todd.

Rumbaar

Yes, I would imagine so.  I think there is work on a total reworking of the theme templates.

That is why I wouldn't put too much working in final releases of any 2.* BETA themes.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: