News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Database Export to SMF

Started by kethalpak, May 22, 2008, 11:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kethalpak

Hi, I hope someone can help me here.

I have been provided with a database export from a vbulleting forum and I would like to be able to convert it to be uploaded to my newley installed SMF forum.

Thanks.

SleePy

You will need to upload the vBulletin to seperate database on your mysql server.
As well to be able to convert you will need to have the configuration file from vBulletin or create a fake one that has the "$config['Database']['dbname']" defined for your database name and "$config['Database']['tableprefix']" defined for your prefix you where using on your tables.

To make things easier, you should save this as config.php and put it in a new folder in your SMF forum called "admin" (You will need to create this folder).

Then you can just use the convert.php and the correct .sql file for your version of vBulletin. If you followed the suggestion as above you won't need to specific the path to your vBulletin form and can leave it as the path to your SMF forum.

Since it sounds like you only have the database you will lose all attachments and avatars.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: