News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Template Parse Error!

Started by kapuk99, June 18, 2008, 09:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kapuk99

Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /cache/lang_index+Modifications_english_default.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
syntax error, unexpected '?'

This shows up every time I try to go to my forum, I tried deleting the file, but it only lets me see the main board, and when I click a link it shows that error again.

If you want to see the error, it's at hxxp:secretor.aokhost.com/box/ [nonactive]

Anyone know what the problem is? I also tried downloading the file to edit it, but it came out as only 200 bytes, and it is supposed to be about 30kb.  >:(

kapuk99

It was also working perfectly fine most of today and all of yesterday. Using v2 Beta 3.1

Dragooon

Try going to Admin > Maintenance > Common tasks and emptying the file cache.

kapuk99

I mean I can't even get onto the board. Thanks for the quick reply!

H

Try deleting all files from the cache folder (using FTP or your hosting control panel) but make sure the folder stays. However it is possible the problem will still occur if this isn't a termporary problem :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

kapuk99

Nevermind, I deleted the file, reinstalled SMF elsewhere and moved that to the folder of the forum I'm using. It's working again, but I have to reset all the settings, like quick reply. Thanks for help though.

Advertisement: