Database error help please

Started by martina1974, May 26, 2008, 08:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martina1974

We have just had our forum upgraded to a different server and all was ok for most of the members until an hour so ago.

Now we are all getting this error and have no idea what it means,  Even the host doesn't know.  Would anyone be able to help please.

Can't create/write to file '#sql_2c29_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17)
File: /home/dede1974/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 3219

vbgamer45

That's an issue with MySQL

Found this on google

System error: 17 = File exists

For some reason your system is trying to create a tmp file that already exists. I'd ask your host to clear out the /tmp directory.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

martina1974

Thank you for that I will ask him and hope it can be done as he has said it is an smf prob.

Thanks again x.

martina1974

He has cleared it but we are still getting the same error, is there anything else that can be done?

Thanks in advance

vbgamer45

Also tell your host to check permissions on that directory and see if mysql has access to it

THis is the google search that I did
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Errcode%3A+17&btnG=Google+Search
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

martina1974

Thanks for your help vbgamer, I have now been told I have wiped it even though I haven't touched it x.

Christian A. Herrnboeck

Hi,

First off, I never said you caused it... I asked you if you did anything to cause it.

Secondly, you failed to mention this is a VPS, and now that I've had my morning coffee, I figured out why you are getting that.

VPSes are limited to CPU, memory, disk inodes, etc, etc.

You have exceeded your CPU allocation, and your disk inode allocation.

If you exceed the disk inode allocation, the system can't write any more files to disk, and thusly causes these errors...

Regards,
Christian A. Herrnboeck

Farmers:Producing food for the world!

Advertisement: