Upgrading database message???

Started by thesorceress, May 24, 2008, 01:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesorceress

Hi, i got this message when i was saving after modifying smiley's in the admin screen. What does this mean. I'm totally new to this and not English so please easy words  ;)

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2
File: /home/theso26/public_html/Forum/Sources/ManageSmileys.php
Line: 654

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.5, while your database is at version 1.1.4. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php

lordtron

Have you tried running upgrade.php like it says to do?

VainSoftGames.com - New Design To Gaming

SlammedDime

No.  don't run upgrade.php.  There are no database changes in the 1.1.x series of SMF, so you can safely ignore that error message about the database being out of date.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

thesorceress

Thanks lordtron for your reply  :)

How do i do that?

I have read the upgrading doc here on SMF, but it is very hard to understand if you are not English and when i tried the link http://www.yourdomain.tld/forum/upgrade.php with my domainname in place of "yourdomain" it gave me a could not find page error. Also the place of the forum? does that mean the whole path like mydomain/public_html/forumname? And what are the permissions settings on settings.php and settings_bak.php

I have installed SMF through fantastico in cPanel at my host Lunarpages.
I'm a complete dummy on this, sorry

Hi SlammedDime thank you for replying, how weird that is than  ???

Dragooon

SMF gives the database upgrade suggestion when it doesn't founds the SMF version specified in files, the smf version specified in DB(But you can ignore it here because there are no changes as SlammedDime said).

Now on to the error, Open up ManageSmileys.php and find
LENGTH(code)
and replace it with
code

Make sure to backup!!

thesorceress

Thanks Dragooon all help is very much appreciated  :)

Dragooon

Advertisement: