Registration emails marked as spam!

Started by MultiformeIngegno, May 25, 2008, 02:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiformeIngegno

Hi!
I've opened a forum with SMF 2.0 beta, but all the registration emails are marked as spam by Hotmail and Gmail!!!
How can I fix this (big) issue? :'( :'(

Is there a way to change the message or solve it in other ways?
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Night09

I use gmail for my forums mail so it never does this.

I would simply e mail their customer services with details of your forum and say that it is not spam mail but registration mail and please remove it from the spam listings.

I dont think theres much within SMF to make any difference to how they view your e mail otherwise.

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: nightbre on May 25, 2008, 02:45:09 PM
I use gmail for my forums mail so it never does this.

I would simply e mail their customer services with details of your forum and say that it is not spam mail but registration mail and please remove it from the spam listings.

I dont think theres much within SMF to make any difference to how they view your e mail otherwise.
And is there a way to edit that message? Which php file have I to modify?
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

karlbenson

A good way to find the strings is with
http://huw.org.uk/smfstrings/
Select your version.

Normally the smf registration emails get through to both hotmail and gmail.  Since they are standard.  Unless you have already changed them from default it could be an issue with either
- your domain
- your mail server
- your host
being responsible/blacklisted for spam activity.

Advertisement: