News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How to put the copyright in the template???

Started by electro777, May 26, 2008, 10:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electro777

Hi all,

I have tried to use the template BRIGHT Forest_110 on my smf forum but they say: Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.
Not sure why this message is appearing? Take a look at some common causes.

It looks like the version of that template is not compatible with the version of my smf. I have the version 2.0 Beta 3 and the template is compatible with smf 1.1.4. So what should I do now? I can't even change the template and put another one, because the same message above displays.  How can i INSERT the copyright and use the template?

Arnaud

Gary

You should install 1.1.5 (1.1.4 themes will work on it) then run the upgrade script on the theme, and that will make it compatible enough on 2.0 to use.

You can revert back to the default theme by going to: http://your-forum-url-here.com/index.php?theme=1
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

electro777

So, i will first have to desinstall the current version (2-0 Beta public) of my smf, since I have only one database for which I will drop all smf 2.0 tables also in case i install 1.1.5.

Gary

You can create a second DB for 1.1.5 as its not overly important that you keep it afterwards. Uninstalling 2.0 isnt needed at all. You can keep it running.

Once you've upgraded the 1.1.5 forum to 2.0 with the theme, download the theme, package it up and then install it on the original 2.0 forum as per normal.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Advertisement: