News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

A Status Update

Started by David, October 26, 2003, 03:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Well another day and more progress made.  It really is too bad that all of you cannot yet share in the result of all of the work that has been put into SMF up to now.  The Charter Members have been providing great feedback as well as helping us knock out some bugs and improve a variety of features.  It is currently looking like there will be one or two more betas only released to Charter Members before the public beta.  In this time however we still have a lot to do.  Some things on our todo list are a revamp (yet again) of the admin center to make it even easier to use, cleaning up even more of the HTML (did you know SMF currently runs even on Internet Explorer 4), as well as add comments to the template system to make it even easier to use.

The template system is a very powerful tool that may look overwhelming at first but if I may quote someone who has used it, "I would like to say that I'm absolutely thrilled with the new templating system. Perhaps it is a bit overwhelming for some, but I find it a hundred times easier than the systems used by other forum packages. And it's more powerful as well."  We are working hard to develop a usable web interface to the template editor much like some other forum packages offer.  We would obviously like some feedback into what sort of editor all of you would like to see.  Unknown has also already written and it will be included in the distribution a template converter so that your old template.php file from YaBB SE will work with SMF.

As a picture is worth a thousand words I will just conclude this with a variety of screenshots in the next few posts.  Thanks again for all of your support and we understand this seems like a long transition period but it will be worth it in the long run. :D
This space for rent.

David

The ability to create avatar groups has now been added, each folder in your avatar folder creates a group.
This space for rent.

David

As many have requested, a member can now belong to multiple membergroups now.
This space for rent.

David

The private message system is currently being revamped to allow for folders, message limits, and many other new features.  It is still under development and thus we do not guarentee the end result to look like this preview.
This space for rent.

David

New settings and functions have been added to the admin center to help with the maintenance of your forum.
This space for rent.

David

A few glimpses into the permissions system, both by board and by membergroup.
This space for rent.

David

This space for rent.

David

This space for rent.

Tom

Thanks for the pics!!!  :D

Just one question. I loved how yaBB SE have a neat, clean, layout for all of the admin options. Now with all of the new options that are being added, will it still be neat and as easy to use?

David

Quote from: Tom on October 26, 2003, 03:44:14 PM
Just one question. I loved how yaBB SE have a neat, clean, layout for all of the admin options. Now with all of the new options that are being added, will it still be neat and as easy to use?
The admin center is being revamped but what is not seen in these screenshots is the left hand navigation bar like on the profile screen.
This space for rent.

morph

Thanks, David.  I am now able to see how the final product will come out. Can't wait!

Coming soon!

bostasp

You'll have to purchase a Mac to get the full glory of those screenshots in you're own admin centre... Something I've been considering myself :)

Tyris

I got an OSX theme for styleXP on my main PC... and it makes things look pretty similar to that ;D

hmmm, this is all looking great!!! and its still not finished ^_^
I cant wait!!

Zef Hemel

Cimme

hm, I can't wait, i'll purchase a license! :) I WANT IT!!!

let's see what the publice RC will look like! :)
^^ a german metal fan ^^

bostasp

...you don't have to purchase a license. It's FREE!

[Unknown]

Some more shots for those weirdos who crave them....

-[Unknown]

Tom

Looks great! Thank you.  :D

Tyris

*waves hand* I'm a craving wierdo!!!!

*drools*

eFishie

SCHWEET! Looks nice, guys!
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

Advertisement: