News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

1.1.5 vs 2.0 Beta 3.1

Started by spearfish, May 27, 2008, 01:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spearfish

Hey guys,
I'm looking for an honest opinion here....

Which do you think would be best to build my site around?  I'm just starting out, right now it's locked up through apache.  I really dig a lot of the new features of 2.0 Beta, but there aren't too many mods / themes that work with it.

Another thing I want to consider is how easy it is to upgrade.... if I uninstalled all my mods, would I be able to upgrade from 2.0 Beta 3 to Beta 4, RC1, or even the real deal?

So, which would be better to work with?  I'm starting with a tabula rasa here.

Thanks,
-Spear

Kindred

you should only use the beta on a live site if you are comfortable with potential bugs and have the ability to apply code fixes when said fixes are noted....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

spearfish

Yes, I'm fine with bugs as well as with getting down and dirty.  I once integrated a site with SMF without realizing there were ssi functions to do just that.

That said, I should probably go with the beta?  It looks cool; and I love the separation of the admin and moderator panels.... not to mention how sweet the admin panel is.

RvG

honestly speaking... 2.0 accomodate most of the needs I want especially the moderation center except that available resources is limited as of now. (but I can live with it :) ) for sure... mods/themes will come after later on.

Advertisement: