News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Easy Edit Meta Data

Started by JumpmasterRT, May 27, 2008, 09:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfresh

Here are the screen shots...

Jumpmasterrt

on the second screen shot, does it say [Uninstall] or [Apply Mod] to the right?

rfresh

It says:

[ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Jumpmasterrt

Are you sure you didn't get a warning that the "modsettings.php" file test failed?

I can't think of anything as to why it's not showing up.

Can you attach your index.template and ModSettings.English files please?

rfresh

Here is the index.template file.

What folder is the Modsettings.English ?

No I didn't a warning re the modsettings.php file that I recall.

Jumpmasterrt

It's in Themes > Default > Languages.

rfresh

Jumpmasterrt

Wow..... nothing. No evidence the mod was enacted.

Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling or manually installing it?

rfresh

I uninstalled and reinstalled it but no luck - thanks for all the help but I can't spend any more time trying to get this to work. I'll just manually edit the template.index.php file and add my meta tag data that way.

Thanks again...

Jumpmasterrt

I'm sorry it won't work for you. I can't think of why it won't install. I've tried everything I can to reproduce the error but I can always get the "Meta" button to show up no matter what else I manage to "break".

It's a pretty easy manual install though if you want to try that.

xCensored

The mod settings failed? Help? Running 1.1.5

Jumpmasterrt

xCensored, it's probably due to other Mods you've installed. Try manually editing the mod_settings.php file.

aishaweb

This is a language issue, it only works in "english",  NOT "english-UTF8"

CARDANFX

Everything is working fine in my forum , but behind the scenes, when I run my meta tag analysis ( This is a service provided by a SEO company ) , my meta keywords and description are still the default : PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum.

Any idea on why is this happening?

Thank's

aishaweb

Quote from: CARDANFX on July 25, 2008, 03:08:40 AM
Everything is working fine in my forum , but behind the scenes, when I run my meta tag analysis ( This is a service provided by a SEO company ) , my meta keywords and description are still the default : PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum.

Any idea on why is this happening?

Thank's

Which theme are you using as the default theme?
If its anything other than the ones that are pre-installed then you have to manually edit the theme.

CARDANFX

Yes I'm using a different theme but I already edited and everything is just the same.

Thank you

aishaweb

Quote from: CARDANFX on July 26, 2008, 05:06:20 PM
Yes I'm using a different theme but I already edited and everything is just the same.

Thank you

Got a link?

bullbreedluverz

i tried installing this mod on default theme (ive edited all the colours) but didnt work

it said installed no errors

but didnt get the meta tags tab in adminCP so went to uninstall and it said Test Failed

aishaweb

THIS MOD IS USELESS WHEN USING A CUSTOM THEME!

It will only work if you manually edit all the files needed to install it.

This is more work than simply editing the meta data manually.

If you have a custom theme go into index.template.php and replace "PHP, MySQL, bulletin, board, free, open, source, smf, simple, machines, forum" with your own metadata.

bullbreedluverz

its not actually a custom theme its a deafault theme with just a little bit of recolouring of the default theme bg images to change its colour scheme but your suggestion worked so thanx

Advertisement: