Get to know the team: Alundra

Started by Jade Elizabeth, May 28, 2008, 11:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gargoyle

Question:

Do some Australians actually go on "walk abouts" like in the movies?

I know it's sad... But I am really curious..

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Gazmanafc on September 18, 2008, 08:28:11 PM
Quote from: Jade on September 18, 2008, 08:19:15 PM
I dunno the name of the episode, but my fav is the one where Homer is swimming around as a shark, and he stands up and laughs "heh heh heh" Then Bart comes up next to him and does the same and he screams "AHH! Shark boy!" and runs. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.
That would be 2F01 - Itchy and Scratchy Land. :P

That's a repeat I wouldnt mind seeing.

Quote from: Gargoyle on September 18, 2008, 08:38:58 PM
Question:

Do some Australians actually go on "walk abouts" like in the movies?

I know it's sad... But I am really curious..

Umm which definition?
Wikipedia: Walkabout is an Australian term referring to the commonly-held belief that Australian Aborigines would "go walkabout" at the age of thirteen in the wilderness for six months as a rite of passage. In this practice they would trace the paths (the so-called songlines) that their people's ceremonial ancestors took, and imitate, in a fashion, their heroic deeds.

Urban Dictionary: Background: Australian. Given to us by Crocodile Dundee: A spontaneous journey through the wilderness of one's choosing in an effort to satisfy one's itchy feet, a need to be elsewhere, the craving for the open road, that space over the horizon...yes... something like that... you can't quite touch it so you have to go find it because it's you just know it's there...Or maybe it just feels good to go walking around ... :wink: Yeah. It's WALKABOUT.

Cause I use the term all the time. People are like "what are you gonna do?" I'm like "go walk about...wander around.." usually means I'm gonna "walk around" with no particular direction (I add wander around cause people usually give me strange looks), just cause I wanna. But people everywhere do it so it's hardly an Aussie thing; just an Aussie term ;).

If you meant like a walking version of a "round about" I doubt it... I've never seen one (I think I'd die laughing) lol. Round abouts are for cars :P.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Fustrate

I once drove in a roundabout for around 15 minutes until more cars came and people started yelling at me.

Can you post an audio clip of you being Australian?!
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Gargoyle

The Urban Dictionary one...  :P

I do it in the States but I call it a ride... I really don't like walking much but riding my bike around is great!  8)

Gary

Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

SleePy

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on September 18, 2008, 10:13:48 PM
I once drove in a roundabout for around 15 minutes until more cars came and people started yelling at me.

Your supposed to exit :P

At least you didn't go the wrong way.. I seen that. They where trying to take the short cut to getting to the next turn off.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Fustrate

it goes in a circle for a purpose! There is no end!
Steven Hoffman

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on September 18, 2008, 10:13:48 PM

Can you post an audio clip of you being Australian?!

LOL... I'll make a new one...
Why don't you tune into my station when I'm on? My "Conundrum Radio" button in the header will be gold and there will be a global header saying I'm talking if I am :D.

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on September 18, 2008, 11:29:17 PM
it goes in a circle for a purpose! There is no end!

It goes in circles so people dont have to stop at an ugly intersection. Don't you think concrete circles are much better looking?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

HecKel

Just one question:

Do you play any musical instrument?
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Jade Elizabeth

I used to play flute, recorder (primary/elementary school), and piano. Tried clarinet and trombone but didnt like it. I would love to learn bass though :D.

shadow82x

Quote from: Jade on September 21, 2008, 08:09:24 PM
I used to play flute, recorder (primary/elementary school), and piano. Tried clarinet and trombone but didnt like it. I would love to learn bass though :D.
Join the percussion at my school. ;)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Fustrate

You didn't like clarinet because you weren't playing bass clarinet :D we're sooooo much better than regular clarinet players!
Steven Hoffman

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on September 21, 2008, 08:45:13 PM
You didn't like clarinet because you weren't playing bass clarinet :D we're sooooo much better than regular clarinet players!

I didnt like it vibrating on my face :P

Same with trombone lol.

Quote from: shadow82x on September 21, 2008, 08:14:48 PM
Quote from: Jade on September 21, 2008, 08:09:24 PM
Join the percussion at my school. ;)

Ha haa lol. I played xylophone for a school concert. My dads lead singer and guitarist for his band :D.

HecKel

I play saxophone and oboe (google by my nickname :P), but bass clarinet is awesome!
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

Jade Elizabeth

Fustrate

Quote from: HecKel on September 21, 2008, 11:17:21 PM
I play saxophone and oboe (google by my nickname :P), but bass clarinet is awesome!

I also played contrabass clarinet for a few pieces in the last semester of my senior year :P that was a BLAST, literally...
Steven Hoffman

babjusi

Quote from: Jade on May 28, 2008, 11:24:32 AM
30) Do you wear jewelry?  If so what jewelry do you wear?
Yes, Earrings and my necklace that will never leave my neck.

Does that necklace have any special meaning to you :)

Jade Elizabeth

Yes. My soul sister gave it to me before I left Australia. I miss her a lot. I'll post a picture of it when I can :).

jettoh

Hey Jade,

" Karma found the goose you see the hunter shot him dead
  The duck found some water and to more he was lead
  ........."

Shouldn't the word "lead" in your poem be spelled as "led" !
The poem is good. So, you are a poetic coder, or maybe a
programmed poet.

Jade Elizabeth

Oh thanks for that lol. I didn't even pick up on that :-[

Advertisement: