News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Question SMF2.0 b3.1

Started by RvG, May 29, 2008, 12:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RvG

Is there any security breach in SMF 2.0 b3.1?

Is anybody experiencing this:

Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again.

I am trying to retrieve my passwords but emails are not sending I guess.

Are your experiencing somebody is hacking you? changing your passwords and email add?  :'(

Kindred

it's not a hacking.

Are you running any bridges or integrations?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RvG

No hacks installed... I am already satisfied on new features of SMF 2.0

I need to retrieve passwords but SMF 2.0 is not sending passwords

RvG

anyone knows about this hacker?

Y0uR SITE IS OWNez By 3RROR.eXe

id
uid=0(Don't) gid=0(4get) grupos=0(Me),1(Never),2(3RROR.eXe),3(Morrocan),4(Defacer)

Nothing Was Deleted If You Want BACKUPS Contact Us

Why Your Site Is Hacked ?

Because America & Israel Kill Kids & We Kill Our Servers

RvG

I have two scripts installed on my domain one SMF and on vB 3.7

I am trying to find out which of these two scripts is being hacked.

Kindred

I suggest you contact your host and look at the access logs for your site(s).

If, after looking at the logs, you thing that you have a secuirty concern with smf, please report it to security at simplemachines dot org.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

karlbenson

There are no known issues with SMF 2.0 beta 3.1.

RvG

the hacker is able to login in my cPanel... and edit all my files fortunately he's still not deleting all files.

why SMF is not sending emails by the way? I am trying to recover my password but it is not sent to my emails.

SgtMic

If he has access to your Cpanel, he may have made a new email.
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

RvG

correct. he even changed now the password of my main email in gmail. unfortunately I've used same password in my smf email and my email in gmail.

I deleted my vb files temporarily and kept smf only and host has given me now my new cpanel passwords just now the hacker had changed it again.

I am trying to believe that SMF has something to see and check on it.

BTW, I've been using SMF since 1.0.x and this happens only to me when I've used SMF 2.0

still not so sure but i hope it's not.

RvG

Quote from: karlbenson on May 29, 2008, 02:06:45 PM
There are no known issues with SMF 2.0 beta 3.1.

You are right. It is the host (Cirtex) itself who's being hacked.

SgtMic

Sounds like it's time for a new host.
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

SleePy

RvG,

Is this issue resolved?
I would suggest maybe looking for a new host.

Though if your gmail password was changed, a while back (over many months ago) there was a security issue with gmail (I can't remember the details). It may have been possible he still had your login details from that.

If your gmail password was the same as your forum login and cpanel, I would really suggest using multiple passwords. Using the same password for everything only leads to issues where they can continue to gain access to where they shouldn't have it.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Deprecated

Quote from: RvG on May 29, 2008, 03:08:45 PM
the hacker is able to login in my cPanel...

If you are referring to your ISP cPanel, then it has nothing to do with SMF. If you are no longer able to access your ISP cPanel, I suggest you telephone them and have them change your password for you.

As far as Gmail, don't use the same password globally. Choose a different password for EVERY site.

In the future you should ensure that you use a different password for every site so that a compromise at one site does not compromise other sites.

I very much doubt that your SMF 2.0 was the source of the breach.

Advertisement: