AJAX Instant Quick Reply

Started by SlammedDime, May 29, 2008, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliana Tamerin

Why don't you go ask eCardMax? It's his editor, he probably has more knowledge of how that might work. Slammed can't help you.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

ndr

ok
now i'm using "Enhanced Quick Reply 2.0"
when i wanted to install "AJAX Instant Quick Reply" SMF warn me for errors in display.template.php
i can install it manually but i want to have no errors during installation

kai920

Quote from: ndr on June 22, 2008, 11:06:31 AM
ok
now i'm using "Enhanced Quick Reply 2.0"
when i wanted to install "AJAX Instant Quick Reply" SMF warn me for errors in display.template.php
i can install it manually but i want to have no errors during installation

I had the same question in the Enhanced quick reply thread. I installed AJAX instant quick reply first and couldn't install enhanced quick reply 2.0 because they make modifications to the same areas of code... would be great if they worked together!

SlammedDime

When I have some time, I will look at the incompatibility.  Unfortunately I'm a bit swamped with another mod right now. 

In the mean time, be adventurous, try and make them work together.  See what modifications they each make to Display.template.php and see if you can figure it out. :)
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Regashi

Yh it doesn't work on my site

here

http://btrc.exofire.net/forums

username = test
password= test

SlammedDime

Username doesn't exist.

Did you make the changes to Display.template.php of your custom theme?  You MUST do that.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Regashi

Quote from: SlammedDime on June 27, 2008, 03:34:50 AM
Username doesn't exist.

Did you make the changes to Display.template.php of your custom theme?  You MUST do that.
ok user now exists

and no i don't know what to change in the display.template.php

ill attach it if you want to do ...hint (please)

Rainboy7

can any one modify my display.template.php ? when i try i getting error please help me.

Regashi

can so ca nyou edit my file

Alpay

Quote from: SlammedDime on June 08, 2008, 02:15:51 PM
razor - It looks like the mod wasn't properly applied to your custom Display.template.php file.  As for the error you get in the error log, it has nothing to do with the issue you're having.  Its a small bug that I've fixed in the next version I'll release when 2.0 Beta 4 comes out.

In the code you posted,
Code (Find) Select
var view_newest_first = ', $options['view_newest_first'], '
and Replace with
Code (Replace) Select
var view_newest_first = ', !empty($options['view_newest_first']) ? $options['view_newest_first'] : 0, '

My
display.template.php :

bViewNewestFirst: ', $options['view_newest_first'], ',

Rainboy7

template error , what can i do ?

Tema Hatası!
/Themes/SilkroadMax3/Display.template.php adındaki tema veya dil dosyasının yüklenmesinde sorun var. Lütfen söz dizimini denetleyin ve tekrar deneyin , tek tire işareti önünde tek yatık çizgi olmalı (') ve tek yatık çizgi kullanacaksanız iki tane yazmalısınız (). PHP kodlarında hatayı daha belirgin görmek istiyorsanız, doğrudan dosyaya erişim sağlamayı deneyin.

Tekrar denemek istiyorsanız sayfayı yenileyin veya varsayılan temayı kullanın.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/SilkroadMax3/Display.template.php on line 862

853:         
854:             <td class="windowbg" width="100%" align="center"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="60%" />
855:             ', template_enhanced_quick_reply() ,'
856:             <tr>
857:                <td colspan="2">
858: // We will only do ajax quick reply if
859: // 1) the current page is the last page of the topic or
860: // 2) 'all' isset in REQUEST
861: // otherwise w'll post the old fashioned way.

862: if($context['page_info']['current_page'] == $context['page_info']['num_pages'] || isset($_REQUEST['all']))

863: echo '<input type="submit" name="post" value="' . $txt[105] . '" onclick="return ajax_reply(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="2" />
864: ';
865: else
866: echo '<input type="submit" name="post" value="' . $txt[105] . '" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="s" tabindex="2" />

QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in .../Themes/SilkroadMax3/Display.template.php on line 736

727: <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="' . $settings['default_theme_url'] . '/spellcheck.js"></script>';
728:
729: echo '
730: <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="' . $settings['default_theme_url'] . '/xml_topic.js"></script>
731: <script type="text/javascript"> function largerThan(a,b) { return a>b; } </script>
732: <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
733:     quickReplyCollapsed = ', !empty($options['display_quick_reply']) && $options['display_quick_reply'] == 2 ? 'false' : 'true', ';
734:         var view_newest_first = ', !empty($options['view_newest_first']) ? $options['view_newest_first'] : 0, ' '
735:

736:     smf_topic = ', $context['current_topic'], ';

737:     smf_start = ', $context['start'], ';
738:     smf_show_modify = ', $settings['show_modify'] ? '1' : '0', ';
739:
740:     // On quick modify, this is what the body will look like.

Zykev2

Help Please! I try to install it and for some reason not paying attension to warnings or whatever then i get this error everytime i click a topic
ERROR DELETED BY REQUEST.

SlammedDime

Zykev2 - please post your Display.template.php

Something got severly screwed up.  The warnings are there for a reason, you should pay attention to them.

For the others that have posted thier files.  I apologize the delay, I will post up modified versions later today.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Zykev2

Ok so once you do that the problem should be fixed?

SlammedDime

Once you attach the file to your next post, I'll be able to fix it so its proper.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Zykev2

if you mean what i downloaded its this

SlammedDime

No, please attach Display.template.php from your forum to your post.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Zykev2

Sorry I dont know how to do that any steps to follow... I mean I think I know what you talking about...

SlammedDime

You know how to attach files obviously, so you just need to FTP into your site, download Display.template.php from [yoursmfinstall]/Themes/default/ and then upload it here.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Zykev2

Advertisement: