AJAX Instant Quick Reply

Started by SlammedDime, May 29, 2008, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zykev2

So are you going to work on it?

Sudhakar Arjunan

Hey your mod is really excellent.

I have installed and found some errors on display.template. in Theme Default Folder
So i tried Modifiying manually.

Got some big confusions, sitting more than expected

Finally completed the mod without the error. But when i reply it shows loading tries to add but suddenly asusual page refreshes and posts the content.

I have made some changes to the mod. Kindly check my previous and current display.template page Attached.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

atroquinine

I've tried following all the steps, however I still continuously get errors for my display.template.php. Do you think you could look through it?

Thanks a lot in advance! I attached both the files from before I started modifications, and after.

SlammedDime

Quote from: rickster090 on June 27, 2008, 05:57:37 AM
Quote from: SlammedDime on June 27, 2008, 03:34:50 AM
Username doesn't exist.

Did you make the changes to Display.template.php of your custom theme?  You MUST do that.
ok user now exists

and no i don't know what to change in the display.template.php

ill attach it if you want to do ...hint (please)
Attached is your modified Display.template.php.

Because your theme uses Div's to house the posts, I had to implement a simple table structure to make it work.  It worked on my test install.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

Quote from: Rainboy7 on July 04, 2008, 06:35:57 AM
can any one modify my display.template.php ? when i try i getting error please help me.
Here is yours Rainboy.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

Quote from: Zykev2 on July 08, 2008, 04:41:21 PM
So are you going to work on it?
Here is yours.  I can't stress enough that you need to pay close attention to when there are errors.  You had the mod partially installed twice in the file.  If there are errors when you go to install a Mod, DO NOT proceed unless you know what you are doing.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

asudhakar - As I stated in the first post of the topic, you must uninstall the View Single Post mod before trying to install this.  Please do so and repost your Display.template.php file.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

atroquinine - The 'before' file you have doesn't work properly to begin with.  There is a bracket that isn't closed somewhere.  Once you get it fixed, feel free to repost it and I'll modify it for you.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: SlammedDime on July 10, 2008, 01:52:44 AM
asudhakar - As I stated in the first post of the topic, you must uninstall the View Single Post mod before trying to install this.  Please do so and repost your Display.template.php file.

Yes have read it, but i had forget to remove it.
Before doing kindly help me.

did i have to uninstall Ajax Instant Quick reply, then uninstall View single post.

Or Simply i could try uninstalling View single post.

Because i was worried, that when i click uninstall in ajax instant quick reply. IT shows me two errors at sources/display and template display.

SlammedDime

I would suggest manually uninstalling both at this point.  It would save you hassles that way.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

atroquinine

Thank you for pointing out that there was a bracket I deleted accidentally! I think I was playing around with display formats of things, and forgot to close it with a colon. I tried manually reinstalling ALL my modifications to the original Display.template.php file, but I still couldn't seem to get the AJAX quick reply to work.

Attached is my now working Display.template.php (no more parse errors and includes all modifications I've added to date, but everytime I try to install AJAX QR, I mess up somewhere).

Once again, thanks for your time!

iTMaster

yes i need screen shot plz i have a problem with Ajax Quick Reply

iTMaster

i m replacing SlammedDime  Display.templte.php file but my AJax quick reply is not showing and i m also edit my js file Tell me SlammedDime  how to set tha step by step configuretion i cant understand Pretty urls i cant edit this file have u sceen shot plz send me this id [email protected]

SlammedDime

iTMaster: You should not be downloading and using any of the Display.template.php files in this topic unless they are specifically directed at you.

In order to enable quick reply in the first place, you need to go to your Look and Layout preferences in your Profile and enable it.  Then you need to install it, manual install instructions are available in the same place you downloaded the mod from.  If you can't install it with the package parser, you'll need to follow those directions.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: SlammedDime on July 10, 2008, 02:31:02 AM
I would suggest manually uninstalling both at this point.  It would save you hassles that way.

I have safely modified and removed the view single post.
Now tried to install ajax quick Reply.
But shows error in sources/display and themes/display.template.

I have tried to mod manually and  souces/display misses only last pretty tag line, so no prob in it.
hope i have lot error in display.template.

Any Idea SlammedDime.

iTMaster

Plz edit my Files and upload here.

SlammedDime

asudhakar - You can post your display.template.php here and I can take a look at it.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

iTMaster, you've installed the mod twice.  You need to go through and manually edit the files to remove the duplicate entries.  I don't have time to do all of the work for you.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

iTMaster

But sir i cant acess duplicate entries i m also doing all editing in all 3 files but cant showing QR in bottom of page and showing didplay.templete.php error in my forum

SlammedDime

Okay iTMaster,

Try these files:
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...