AJAX Instant Quick Reply

Started by SlammedDime, May 29, 2008, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

Give the attached file a try.  Not sure why it wouldn't work with your package parser, worked fine on this end here. :)
Quote from: atroquinine on July 10, 2008, 04:12:43 AM
Thank you for pointing out that there was a bracket I deleted accidentally! I think I was playing around with display formats of things, and forgot to close it with a colon. I tried manually reinstalling ALL my modifications to the original Display.template.php file, but I still couldn't seem to get the AJAX quick reply to work.

Attached is my now working Display.template.php (no more parse errors and includes all modifications I've added to date, but everytime I try to install AJAX QR, I mess up somewhere).

Once again, thanks for your time!
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

iTMaster

plz sir u dont log out this forum for this time i m try this files wait

Eliana Tamerin

SlammedDime probably has more to do than waiting for you. Be patient and he or somebody else will help you if you have additional problems. This is a forum, which means we're not required to be here 24/7 and available, unlike a chatroom. Please consider other people's lives next time.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

iTMaster

i m instaling this mode so show this error
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted

iTMaster

i attach the Slamdime  Files but showing these error i cant understand this error please solve my problem and some any else i leave SMF script this night
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in .../Themes/default/Display.template.php on line 936

927:    // Now change the windowbg value so the post displays with the right color (if its waiting approval then it won't change)
928:    $windowbg = (($_REQUEST['num_replies']+1) % 2 == 0) ? '"windowbg"' : '"windowbg2"';
929:    $buffer = str_replace(array('"windowbg"', '"windowbg2"'), $windowbg, $buffer);
930:    
931:    // Now we have just the post that we'll insert into the topic, lets add the XML stuff to it for AJAX.
932:    $buffer = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="'. $context['character_set']. '"function template_ajax_reply() {
933:    global $context;
934:    
935:    // Load up the index template, since we need it for some theme settings and call the init function
936:    loadTemplate('index');937:    template_init();
938:    
939:    // First we'll call the template function above to get the post
940:    template_main();

Please Solve My PRoblmes

Eliana Tamerin

Please don't double post. Edit your post instead.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: SlammedDime on July 12, 2008, 03:07:51 PM
asudhakar - You can post your display.template.php here and I can take a look at it.

Sure here i go .
First File is Display.php - Showed error - From sources
Second File is Dispaly.template.php - showed error - From Themes/Default

Kindly do let me know what changes you have or you are going to make.
So that next time i could try it when upgrading or reinstalling the mod.

Thanks a lot in Advance.  :)
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Douglas

Quote from: iTMaster on July 13, 2008, 04:30:17 PMplz sir u dont log out this forum for this time i m try this files wait
You know, the more you bug people privately about your situation, the far less inclined they will be to help you.

Getting all EMO on people and threatening to leave SMF because you lack the knowledge of knowing how to fix YOUR problem doesn't do anything but prove that you're an annoying little cretin.

Stop contacting team members.  They have *no* obligation to provide you with any support regarding the AJAX Instant Quick Reply modifrication package.  In fact, many of them have "NO SUPPORT VIA PRIVATE MESSAGES, EMAIL OR INSTANT MESSAGING" somewhere in their profile... for good reason.

Wait your turn, just like everyone else has.  Your site is no more important than anyone else in this thread.

You lack patience.  You need to find some.. FAST.

FYI, if you send me a private message regarding this or complaining, it will promptly be deleted, and you will be blocked from contacting me.  :)
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

AlenNS

Hi. I'm using SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 public.

When I install AIQR on my localhost on default theme I get this ( something like Enhanced quick reply for SMF 1.1.x ).

But when I install it on work forum on my host, I get nothing.
I'm using Babylon theme on work forum.

On localhost quick reply is enhanced and has smileys and BBC codes and on my forum there's nothing and Ajax Quick reply doesn't do anything.

SlammedDime

Did you manually modify the Babylon theme's default template?  I'm pretty sure this won't install onto it automatically in 2.0 like it does the default.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

AlenNS

I didn't use Package manager. I manually modified files. Also modified and Display.template.php of Babylon theme.
Now I see AJAX in progres, but still there's not smileys and BBC codes like there's on my localhost.

SlammedDime

This doesn't add BBC codes or anything else to the quick reply.  If you have that on localhost, and not on your live site, then you haven't added the Enhanced quick reply to your site online.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

AlenNS

Actualy, EQR is not for SMF 2.x versions. :)

And I didn't install it on my localhost.

Try to install this mod ( AIQR ) on your localhost and see the result. :)

SlammedDime

I have installed it, many a times, and I don't get anything like what your screenshot shows.  You're not using any of the files that are attached to topics in this thread, are you?  Looks like you've downloaded one from this topic that is for a 1.1.5 version of SMF that someone else had that mod installed on (notice the text strings missing from the post and preview buttons.  They are specific to the users who I've directed them towards.

I'm 100% sure that the manual instructions for installing this mod do not include bbc code like you have on your local install.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

AlenNS

I've downloaded mod from here http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1214

And then install it to my local host and get the result on the picture. I don't know how.

SlammedDime

I don't know how either.  Try replacing all of your SMF files on your localhost with a fresh copy from the downloads page, then try to install the mod.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

AlenNS

Regashi

Quote from: SlammedDime on July 10, 2008, 12:46:15 AM
Quote from: rickster090 on June 27, 2008, 05:57:37 AM
Quote from: SlammedDime on June 27, 2008, 03:34:50 AM
Username doesn't exist.

Did you make the changes to Display.template.php of your custom theme?  You MUST do that.
ok user now exists

and no i don't know what to change in the display.template.php

ill attach it if you want to do ...hint (please)
Attached is your modified Display.template.php.

Because your theme uses Div's to house the posts, I had to implement a simple table structure to make it work.  It worked on my test install.

Was this attached Display.template.php file from my website ?????

SlammedDime

Quote from: rickster090 on July 15, 2008, 07:39:28 AM
Quote from: SlammedDime on July 10, 2008, 12:46:15 AM
Quote from: rickster090 on June 27, 2008, 05:57:37 AM
Quote from: SlammedDime on June 27, 2008, 03:34:50 AM
Username doesn't exist.

Did you make the changes to Display.template.php of your custom theme?  You MUST do that.
ok user now exists

and no i don't know what to change in the display.template.php

ill attach it if you want to do ...hint (please)
Attached is your modified Display.template.php.

Because your theme uses Div's to house the posts, I had to implement a simple table structure to make it work.  It worked on my test install.

Was this attached Display.template.php file from my website ?????
It should have been, why, is it not correct?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: asudhakar on July 13, 2008, 04:59:03 PM
Quote from: SlammedDime on July 12, 2008, 03:07:51 PM
asudhakar - You can post your display.template.php here and I can take a look at it.

Sure here i go .
First File is Display.php - Showed error - From sources
Second File is Dispaly.template.php - showed error - From Themes/Default

Kindly do let me know what changes you have or you are going to make.
So that next time i could try it when upgrading or reinstalling the mod.

Thanks a lot in Advance.  :)

Hope you will help me SlammedDine. Wait for few days

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=241917.msg1614332#msg1614332
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Advertisement: