News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AJAX Instant Quick Reply

Started by SlammedDime, May 29, 2008, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordanid

hello slammed
i installed this mod , and this is a great mod
its most used on the Vb , when installing it , i had no error
i'm running smf1.1.5 , a custom theme , but the quick reply doesnt apper ..
dunno whats wrong
sorry for bothering .. and would be glad if u could help
a link to my website

Sudhakar Arjunan

Earlier we have worked to install the mod.

So i would like you to help me to continue.

2.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Display.php     Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Test failed

I have already uninstalled the Single post mod.

74.     View Single Post      1.0      [ Apply Mod ]  [ List Files ]  [ Delete ]

Check out the Files and Help me SlammedDime.

Quote from: asudhakar on August 20, 2008, 06:17:31 AM
Hi Author, Looking for an update .  :)

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=241917.msg1666696#msg1666696
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

pinoypetfinder

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 21, 2008, 03:17:18 AM
You'll need to provide me with a test account on your site to test it out then so I can see what it's doing.

here it is.
forum url : http://www.pinoypetfinder.com/forum/
username : test
password : test1

thanks in advance :)

and oh, the theme is still set to "defaultl smf theme", I just replaced the images of the default smf theme with the one i have now so that i won't have problem installing mods. :)

SlammedDime

Worked just fine for me.  Clear your cache and try again.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

pinoypetfinder

just cleared my cache :) and yup! it worked. thanks a lot :)

jordanid

Quote from: jordanid on August 21, 2008, 03:52:47 AM
hello slammed
i installed this mod , and this is a great mod
its most used on the Vb , when installing it , i had no error
i'm running smf1.1.5 , a custom theme , but the quick reply doesnt apper ..
dunno whats wrong
sorry for bothering .. and would be glad if u could help
a link to my website

the account is Mod , pass :102030

Malke

Thanks for a good mod.

I've been trying to read all the replies but I don't think this has been asked before...

Where can I change the collors for the ""Loading..." thing that comes up? Its green collor really is a mismatch with my forum :).

pinoypetfinder

^my forum doesn't show that green "loading..." thingy. i don't know why, but the mod is working the way it should be :)

drinkingbuddies_ca

Hey Slammed... Glad your you're back and active again. I re-activated the test account on my forum if you can take a glance. I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

OP#1 - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=241917.msg1635180#msg1635180
OP#2 - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=241917.msg1635206#msg1635206

SlammedDime

jordanid - please read other posts in this topic.  This mod does not add quick reply to SMF.  That is already a default feature.  It only changes it's functionality.  You can enable quick reply in your Look and Layout preferences in your profile.

asudhakar - Here are your files.  I could not test them because of mods you have installed, so let me know how it goes.  Don't forget to clear your cache first.  Install the mod, ignore the errors, then replace these files.

Malke - In style.css of your theme, near the bottom, div#ajax_in_progress or similar declaration.

pinoypetfinder - Probably because your theme probably doesn't have it, or your using an old theme on a new version of SMF.

drinkingbuddies_ca - Sorry, this is sort of my fault, but in Display.template.php, in the template_ajax_reply function, find

<smf>
<post>]]>&lt;<![CDATA[![CDATA[' .
$buffer .
']]]]><![CDATA[></post>
</smf>';

and replace it with
<smf>
<post><![CDATA[' .
$buffer .
']]></post>
</smf>';

Then try again.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

drinkingbuddies_ca

Ok. Made the change. It makes the post and the page doesn't refresh. However the post doesn't show up on the page.

If that makes sense.

SlammedDime

In Display.template.php, you have a piece of code required by this mod commented out...

//   var view_newest_first = 0;

uncomment that line by removing the //.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

drinkingbuddies_ca

ok. Changed. try now and see what happens... The post seems to float at the top.

Malke

TechPrince

Can anybody modifiy this file to include Instant Reply ?

SlammedDime

Quote from: TechPrince on August 26, 2008, 06:04:51 PM
Can anybody modifiy this file to include Instant Reply ?
Unfortunately, it won't work with your display template.  The newest version in the works that is compatible with Beta 4 might be, but I'm still in the process of re-writing the javascript to work with tableless themes (as is in Beta 4).

drinkingbuddies - My apologies, but it appears that because of the way that your template is setup, the ajax quick reply won't work.  It's almost a similar reason to the above.  Your posts are each contained inside their own table, whereas most SMF themes (prior to 2.0 Beta 4), have one table that encompasses all of the posts, each in their own row.  That is how the AJAX for this works, by inserting into a new row in the table.  It may be possible to modify the template to work, but unfortunately it isn't something I can do at the moment.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

drinkingbuddies_ca

Thanks for all the help. I may look into making the necessary changes within the template...

Xclusive

hey guys..
i just installed this MOD
and nothing appeared up..so i read something and it says i gotta go into Profile and go Look And Layout
and enable it for me..
so i checked it out and it worked..
so i was wondering if it worked for others that dont know about the Ajax reply..
so i made a new account..
but it was DEFUALT!

is there anyway i can put it as defualt for members to use it? rather then them going 2 their profile and do it?

thank you heaps!

linette97

I've installed the mod.. and I do have a custom theme... so I used SMF Parser and got this error this error

QuoteERROR: The package-info.xml file is invalid!

Debugging Information
Error message: String could not be parsed as XML
Source: /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php:184
Errors encountered while parsing XML file:

Stack Trace:
#0 /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php(184): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('')
#1 /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php(125): parsePackageInfoXML('/home/sleepy1/b...', 'install', 'all')
#2 /home/sleepy1/public_html/PackageParser/index.php(823): parseArchive('/tmp/phpgSRBLY', 'install', 'all')
#3 {main}

XML File:

So I went ahead and tried to get the codes from the install file.... and let me tell you! I TRIED! but my god it's VERY confusing....

If anyone can post what codes and where I need to put them.
I'm using SMF 1.15...

thanks! 
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

SlammedDime

Don't use the package parser from Sleepy's or Dan's site, use the manual instructions available on every mod's download page.  Select your version of SMF from the drop down box below the download link and click the Submit button.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: