AJAX Instant Quick Reply

Started by SlammedDime, May 29, 2008, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linette97

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 27, 2008, 02:03:04 AM
Don't use the package parser from Sleepy's or Dan's site, use the manual instructions available on every mod's download page.  Select your version of SMF from the drop down box below the download link and click the Submit button.

Well, I went ahead & modified my display.template.php and this is the error I get.. It happened before as well... the other things that were told to modify I do not have under my themes... any idea? thanks!

QuoteThere was a problem loading the /Themes/fire/Display.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

SlammedDime

As the error message says, try accessing the file directly (it should provide a link in the error message), and php will tell you the exact error and where.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

linette97

Quote from: SlammedDime on August 28, 2008, 03:47:16 AM
As the error message says, try accessing the file directly (it should provide a link in the error message), and php will tell you the exact error and where.

Well I tried it again just incase I did it wrong and same error
Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/fire/Display.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
syntax error, unexpected '<'

I clicked access the file directly and I get this

QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /var/www/vhosts/bxwarez.com/httpdocs/Themes/fire/Display.template.php on line 509

Now ok I understand that the error is on line 509. BUT how do I find line 509... Do I have to count??? that would be nuts lol!!

I have attached the file here if you can tell me where this error is...

Thanks again!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,

SlammedDime

When you copied the code from the manual install instructions, everything pasted onto one line, instead of multiple lines as the code is.  You should go back through all of the manual changes and ensure that everything is formatted as it looks in the manual instructions.

As for counting lines... hell no... lol.  Any decent text editor shows line numbers, Notepad++, Textpad, for starters.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

linette97

Yea I figured that much when I pasted it, it went in one line.... I shall try what you said thanks a lot!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,

ahse

Display.template.php (45.54 KB - Yükleme: 1 kez.)

Ooo geliyor geliyor... (:

Eliana Tamerin

Your connection might be too fast to see a noticeable difference. But for those on slower connections, it means the difference between a pageload and not.

It may also (depending how Slammed coded it) be a decrease of queries for your pageloads, which is less load on your server.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Eliana Tamerin

There's a few other mods that use ajax as well, that might be easier to see how they work.

Nneonneo's shoutbox
AJAX Recent Topics
AJAX Personal Text

Are some of them.

Download | Docs

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I cannot Find:-
if ((isset($context['pretty']['oldschoolquery']) || $context['pretty']['query_string']['board'] != $context['pretty']['board_urls'][$board]) && $modSettings['pretty_enable_filters'])

In my display.php What shall I do ?

Please let me know..

Eliana Tamerin

Do you have pretty URLs installed? If not, then you shouldn't be looking for that line.

Download | Docs

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I had it installed, but had some problems, so i removed the mod and it didnt show me any errors.. then i deleted off as i didnt want it anymore... but i think the edit didnt happen while uninstalling...

jepot5

Instead of the AJAX feature, what I am getting is the page reloading and showing the topic scrolling to my reply. What am I missing here?

MaXiMiUS

Quote from: jepot5 on September 06, 2008, 09:04:37 AM
Instead of the AJAX feature, what I am getting is the page reloading and showing the topic scrolling to my reply. What am I missing here?

I'm having the same problem. I recently upgraded from SMF 2.0b3.1 to 2.0b4.

I can't find the line " if ((isset($context['pretty']['oldschoolquery']) || $context['pretty']['query_string']['board'] != $context['pretty']['board_urls'][$board]) && $modSettings['pretty_enable_filters']) " anywhere in Display.php.. and I *do* have pretty urls enabled.

SlammedDime

This mod WILL NOT work with Beta 4.  I don't plan on updating it to work 2.0 until the RC stages.  There are many template changes still to come, and it would be quite cumbersome to re-program the javascript for each release.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

SlammedDime

Quote from: jepot5 on September 06, 2008, 09:04:37 AM
Have you cleared your browser cache so the smf javascript files could reload fresh into the browser?  If so, and you're still having this problem, I can't do much without a link to your site with a test account.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

MaXiMiUS

Quote from: SlammedDime on September 11, 2008, 03:39:46 AM
This mod WILL NOT work with Beta 4.  I don't plan on updating it to work 2.0 until the RC stages.  There are many template changes still to come, and it would be quite cumbersome to re-program the javascript for each release.

Is there any way to get it to output what errors it's encountering so I can know what to change?

I'm trying to solve this myself. Quite determined to get all of the mods I use from beta 3.1 to work with beta 4.

SlammedDime

It wont work with Beta 4 because of it's tableless layout for posts.  I haven't had time to research inserting posts in a dynamic way, but like I said, there are still changes forthcoming in the templates.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Evo™

It is not working with ecardmax hot editor. Also i wrote message. It warned me that nothing written. Is it possible to make it work with ecardmax hoteditor?

jepot5

I sent you some pm's. Please ignore them.

What i need help is when I use quick reply, what happens is that the page refreshes slowly like my cache is cleared. How can I turn off the option of cache being cleared?

Advertisement: