News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AJAX Instant Quick Reply

Started by SlammedDime, May 29, 2008, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wowyahoo

I love this modification! It ROCKS!!!!

alex30

Hi guys, What could cause this?

Using 1.1.6

matasanos

Quote from: alex30 on September 25, 2008, 12:23:53 PM
Hi guys, What could cause this?

Using 1.1.6

multiple mods modify this file

alex30

Can you give more details, I didn't get that? Thanks you.

SlammedDime

It isn't possible to say without having the file.  Chances are that you have other mods (as matasanos stated) that modify similar parts, like view single post mod (which must be uninstalled prior to installing this), a different quick reply box, ad management mod, or others, that are affecting it.  While I haven't tested the mod on 1.1.6 yet, it should work on a default 1.1.6 install without issue.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Nequil

this mod works on the other themes?

SlammedDime

It is possible to work on any theme... some may require lots of work, others may require little work.  If the theme is based on smf's Core theme, pre-Beta 4, then it is pretty easy to install it.  If it is based on beta 4's core, or is a semantic theme, I haven't finished a version for that yet.  The javascript and setup is quite different.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Nequil

I installed this mod, and what I do to next?

SlammedDime

That's a pretty vague question.. perhaps you can clarify a bit?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Nequil

I have installed mod, but i don't know what can I do to that appeared "reply windows" in topic under the lastest post.

SlammedDime

You have to turn on Quick reply in your Look and Layout Preferences in your profile.  Again, this does not add quick reply to SMF.  That is a default feature.  It only changes it's functionality.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Nibogo

I have installed this mod , I have a lot of errors but i fix everything but when I create a new post this new post appear in the first post of the topic :s

What i can do?

aayushagrawal90

i am new to smf.
i have installed ajax quick reply but how to enable it.

matasanos

Quote from: aayushagrawal90 on September 30, 2008, 10:52:20 AM
i am new to smf.
i have installed ajax quick reply but how to enable it.

Quote from: SlammedDime on September 27, 2008, 06:05:48 PM
You have to turn on Quick reply in your Look and Layout Preferences in your profile.  Again, this does not add quick reply to SMF.  That is a default feature.  It only changes it's functionality.

codnerd

When I tried to edit my Display.template.php, I got a few errors after multiple trys.
Can you try to do it for me?
Display.template.php is attached.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

ok, there is something weird happening.

I have installed this mod, as i post a reply, the reply gets posted but is not shown and also the reply still stays over in the quick reply box. Any idea how to solve it ?

link to site:- http://goldysun.com

davomex

my test installation have problem with the theme/default/display.php what do i do?

SlammedDime

davomex - what you have to do with any mod that fails on a file, manually edit it.
Package Manager

NIBOGO - I can't do much for you without a link to your site and a test account.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on October 02, 2008, 12:33:13 PM
ok, there is something weird happening.

I have installed this mod, as i post a reply, the reply gets posted but is not shown and also the reply still stays over in the quick reply box. Any idea how to solve it ?

link to site:- http://goldysun.com
Site was down for sometime, i have moved host, you should now be able to see it. Kindly help me fix it on the explaination at the moment, You may see it visually as it is up. I am trying to fix it over my pc at the moment.

Advertisement: