News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AJAX Instant Quick Reply

Started by SlammedDime, May 29, 2008, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nob4uask

Morn All,

Really new to this and prefer trying to figure things out by reading and researching but not having any luck.  I just installed the ajaxchat integration and it went fine although I have the same old 404 error mentioned in other posts.

There isn't an .htaccess file in the same directory as the iss.php file, don't even know where to start.  I am running an apache2 server with default theme of smf 1.1.12

Please keep it kinda simple because I am getting older and slower.

Thank you for you time.

I posted this in the integration thread, but didn't get any response.  Any help would be appreciated.

SlammedDime

Are you posting to the right topic?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

nob4uask

Quote from: SlammedDime on November 11, 2010, 07:46:13 PM
Are you posting to the right topic?

Arvo slammed,

Probably not, just saw the ajax part so thought I would give it a try here.  I tried the ajax integration thread but no one responded, just trying to get pointed in the right direction.

Sorry about that.

avin765

The quick reply works as usual (reloading the page) in my smf 2.0 rc4 installation everything went well and package manager shows clean install and uninstall. Is the problem with 2.0 rc4? i had the mod working well and good in 1.1.12

SlammedDime

Clear your browser cache and try again, sometimes the javascript doesn't recache right away.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

avin765

Tried that with no success. Does the script check for the browser? I have my user agent changed for firefox

SlammedDime

Nope, it's not useragent specific... I'll need a link to your site with a test account to try it out...
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

avin765

Never Mind, I switched back to 1.1.12. I think i have to do a bit more research on 2.0rc4 to get a nice theme and required mods working on it. Thanx for your mod anyway, I am still using it on 1.1.12 without any trouble.

Original21

Hello everyone.
It is possible to configure the instant quick reply? I want to enable it for every user..
maxcheaters.com use it!

Makar

mod works great
but when I'm install  higslide4smf mod,    then it ceases to send messages  :'( :'( :'(

if higslide4smf mod removed, the problem remains!

Sorry for my english

abraamz

Hi there, nice mod
I have just realized that this mod makes posts with html entities in my forum. I posted with AJAX reply and then with regular reply and the first was entities and the second regular  text.
Its a forum with greek language, charset=windows-1253
Is that a real problem with google or adsense crawler?
Could my forum be penalized by google for bad coding or something?

cortez

Works like a charm on 1.1.12

How to add smileys and other buttons in that?

Enhanced quick reply can't be installed with this addon existing.

Mari-chi

Hi,

I was wondering how I could get rid of the pink/red loading bar that appears at the top of the page when the quick reply submission is being processed. My forum url is: http://audeamusrpg.com/forums

Thank-you very much for reading. :)

-Mari

V@no

Quote from: marijang on January 02, 2011, 11:56:08 PMI was wondering how I could get rid of the pink/red loading bar that appears at the top of the page when the quick reply submission is being processed.

In xml_topic.js search and remove 8 times:
if (typeof window.ajax_indicator == "function")
ajax_indicator
(note, second line above is only partial, but you need remove both FULL lines.)

Mari-chi

I'm sorry, this must be a very repetitive question, but: where is the xml_topic.js file? :$

V@no

Mari-chi

Hmm I can't seem to find that file in themes/default. :S I've looked through all the folders and files in the 'themes' folder.

mirahalo

Quote from: Mari-chi on January 03, 2011, 12:42:49 AM
I'm sorry, this must be a very repetitive question, but: where is the xml_topic.js file? :$

it will be topic.js and its on /Themes/default/scripts/

V@no

oh, evidently it's different in SMF2..sorry about that.

Mari-chi

It worked! Thank-you very much. :)

There were more than 8 lines to remove, I think, and I also removed the (false); and (true); that came after ajax_indicator... Haha. Not sure if I was supposed to do that, but it's working perfectly.

Thanks again! :D

Advertisement: