News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AJAX Instant Quick Reply

Started by SlammedDime, May 29, 2008, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

Note that the ajax loader is a smf feature, not something this mod installed... and i recommend leaving it in place.  it can be a great indicator of trouble if it appears but never goes away
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

krazytim

Hi Slammed, I have been using this script on my forum forever. Thank you so much for the work you've put into this little beautiful mod. :)

With that said, what is the current progress on this known issue?

Quote from: SlammedDime on May 29, 2008, 06:59:11 PM
Known Issues:
After posting, boardindex still shows board as unread (or, has new replies)

I am using SMF 1.1.12, is there a fix for this bug that I am not seeing, or is it still unresolved? (I looked first for about an hour before posting this, fyi. Sorry if I missed something.)

Subject13

Hey I am Subject13 and I run a site named Xenomorph Hive We have tons of customizable looks on the forums and I would really like to install this mod but it does not show up on any of the themes we are using. There is a total of three themes being used and they were all made by Dziner Studio with many tweaks and updates made to them. My SMF Version is 1.1.12. I use the following mods:

1.    Remove Reply Prefix
2.    Ultimate Profile
3.    Favicon
4.    YouTube BBCode
5.    Topic View Log
6.    Aeva Media
7.    Advanced Login Form
8.    VB Style Board Index
9.    PM On Registration
10.    AJAX Instant Quick Reply
11.    Spoiler BBCode
12.    Increase/Decrease Postbox Size
13.    Anti-Spam Verification Questions
14.    SimplePortal

SlammedDime

As with all mods installed in SMF, they need to be manually installed on any theme besides the default.  If your custom theme does not have the theme files this modifies, SMF automatically falls back to the default, so you don't need to edit that particular file.  You will need to manually install the mod on any of your custom themes.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

abraamz

Quote from: abraamz on December 09, 2010, 03:50:51 PM
I have just realized that this mod makes posts with html entities in my forum. I posted with AJAX reply and then with regular reply and the first was entities and the second regular  text.
Its a forum with greek language, charset=windows-1253
is that how it is supposed to work, or is it a bug?

SlammedDime

It's a bug, the AJAX POST is not being submitted properly.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

krazytim

This is a bump on my last post which you missed.

----------

Hi Slammed, I have been using this script on my forum forever. Thank you so much for the work you've put into this little beautiful mod. :)

With that said, what is the current progress on this known issue?

Quote from: SlammedDime on May 29, 2008, 06:59:11 PM
Known Issues:
After posting, boardindex still shows board as unread (or, has new replies)

I am using SMF 1.1.12, is there a fix for this bug that I am not seeing, or is it still unresolved? (I looked first for about an hour before posting this, fyi. Sorry if I missed something.)

*Note: I tried to use the fix listed right after it (although it is unclear whether or not that fix is related to the issue), where you add in the line with the "goback" code in it, but that didn't seem to solve the issue. Please let me know, thanks. :)

abraamz

Quote from: SlammedDime on January 12, 2011, 09:52:52 PM
It's a bug, the AJAX POST is not being submitted properly.
How can i repair the messages with the html entities in my database?
Is there some script or any phpmyadmin trick?

SlammedDime

Not that I know of unfortunately.  You could try to just straight up edit the post and resave it and that might do it.  Once I get this project setup on Bitbucket I'll have to add this to the bug tracker. 

Edit: Tracked
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

krazytim

@SlammedDime - Is there a fix to the "After posting, boardindex still shows board as unread (or, has new replies)" issue? A simple yes or no will suffice. :)

I couldn't tell if your previous posts were addressing my question or someone else's.

SlammedDime

I don't remember at the moment... I'll have to test later (or if someone wants to for me) and check.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Jeet Chowdhury

have installed it but it just normal reply not ajax. what to do?

SlammedDime

Read the first post of the topic; specifically the last FAQ.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Hoborg

does it work alongside WYSIWYG Quick Reply v2 ?

at least for me in 2.0 RC4 it doesn't; when i click on Post button it does nothing!
////////////////////////////// O //////////////////////////////

SlammedDime

Not likely without some modification.  I'm going to make an effort with the next version of the mod to make it theme and 'other mod' dependent, but no promises.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Chris7

Hello, Ok I am far from experienced with editing templates and stuff.

I am using Actualism theme by Crip. I have installed a quick reply and shoutbox but neither are showing. They show on the default theme so i understand I need to edit the template in the Actualism theme.

I clicked the parser and selected 1.1.12 as that is what my forum is.

It starts with the 1st edit being ./Sources/Errors.php. I go into my themes and layout section, modify themes, then browse the template and files. I can't see ./Sources/Errors.php in there. I have images, languages, index.php, index.template.php, style.css and theme_info so where would I find this if I am looking in the correct section ? If not can someone point me to the correct section.

Thanks.

Fun : Mature : Helpful
Gaming Clan

SlammedDime

You need to edit anything in the ./Themes directory.  ./Sources is the main Sources folder and those files have already been edited.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Chris7

thanks, but there isn't a Themes directory where I am looking.

Am I looking in the right place ?

Gaming Clan

SlammedDime

Just look for the file names... if the path is Themes/default/Display.template.php, you need to look for and edit Display.template.php in your theme.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Chris7

QuoteI go into my themes and layout section, modify themes, then browse the template and files. I have images, languages, index.php, index.template.php, style.css and theme_info so where would I find this if I am looking in the correct section ? If not can someone point me to the correct section.

Am i missing something. The file names i listed above are all I see. I see no Display.template.php.

I take it I am looking in the wrong section ??

Gaming Clan

Advertisement: