News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AJAX Instant Quick Reply

Started by SlammedDime, May 29, 2008, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlammedDime

If you don't see it, you don't have to edit it.  If you don't see it, that means SMF is falling back to the default during runtime.  Based on the files you have, you shouldn't have to edit anything, it should work 'out of the box' on your theme.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Chris7

OK so if I don't  need to edit any template where are the settings to enable the quick reply to show up ?

Thanks

Fun : Mature : Helpful
Gaming Clan

SlammedDime

Forgive the following for sounding harsh... As I have said time and time and time again in this topic, and even in the first post as an FAQ, this mod does not add quick reply to your forum.  Quick reply is a standard feature already available with SMF, this mod only enhances how it operates.

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=188.0
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Arantor

Quote from: SlammedDime on January 26, 2011, 06:35:29 PM
Forgive the following for sounding harsh... As I have said time and time and time again in this topic

I thought you knew by now that most mod users don't read what's put in front of them, even if in the mod thread, mod page and mod readme, people will still ask... :P (And people wondered why Nao got so frustrated ;))
/off topic

This is still a sexy mod.

Chris7

Ok i didn't know it was built in.

Now i have found it. How difficult was that for something so simple.

Sorry for wasting your time. But thanks for the help.

Fun : Mature : Helpful
Gaming Clan

clammier

Hello mr. SlammedDime. I will try not to be pain in the ass and will explain it well, although, there's not much to explain.

So, here it is. I've installed brand new SMF 2.0.4 RC4 version on my web hosting, all went smooth. After that, I've installed couple of themes and finally, I wanted to install your mod. However, even tho it all went without a problem, it's not really working. After quick reply is posted, I'm being sent back to topics view.

Theme I'm using is: Krilliun

I've tried changing back to default theme (Curve I think it's called) and try it there, but still no effect.. If you'd be able to assist me in any way, I'd appreciate it. I'm quite sure somebody else had the same problem like me before, but I couldn't really read 42 pages - I've read some but couldn't find anything. If you need to take a closer look at this, I'm willing to give you everything you need in order to help me with this (forum account with admin privileges, even hosting access, lol :)).

Problem is, I haven't used SMF for nearly 3-4 years and I've been using phpBB3 during that time.. And I'm not sure if there is some "theme" refresh button like phpBB3 has, to have it shown & working..

Thanks in advance

SlammedDime

all I need is a normal user test account and a link to your forum to test it myself.  Make sure you have cleared your cache in your browser and also make sure you have enabled the option to return to the topic after posting, instead of returning to the topic index (which is an SMF option located in your profile's look and layout options, not an option of this mod (infact, this mod has no options))
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

clammier

Wow... I totally forgot about this option! I was wondering why I was always sent to topic index page instead of the topic where I posted!

I turned it on and it works! Thank you a lot :)

spiros

Tried on RC5 (fresh install) and failed for a number of replacements on /Themes/default/Display.template.php.

Also, this file was not found:
./Themes/default/scripts/xml_topic.js

Original21

Hello Everyone. I was wondering how I could enable by default this mod for all users...
The default is : don't show at all..
How I could change it to: show on by default ?
Thx in adv

Jessica.

Quote from: Original21 on February 20, 2011, 03:15:06 PM
Hello Everyone. I was wondering how I could enable by default this mod for all users...
Thx in adv

I think you mean Quick Reply in general, not this mod
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

Original21

Quote from: Jessica. on February 20, 2011, 05:23:02 PM
Quote from: Original21 on February 20, 2011, 03:15:06 PM
Thx in adv

I think you mean Quick Reply in general, not this mod
maybe yes

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Natherul

sorry if this seems like a stupid thing to ask but:

has something changed in 2.0 RC5 that "cripples" this mod per say or can we just emulate a lower RC to make it work?

also awsome work SlammedDime, hope you get the time to update :P

SlammedDime

I'm not sure, I haven't tested it on RC5.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Natherul

well for now it seems to work in RC5 if one emulate RC4 under advanced in packages.... Have not tested it much yet but a few tries with no problem

Ascot

Can you tell me how can i make it works for RC5 please?
Also i don't know what you mean with emulate. Can someone explain me that please?
Thanks!

SlammedDime

Click 'Advanced' at the bottom of the 'Browse Packages' screen in your admin panel and change the version to RC4.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

TurtleKicker

Quote from: SlammedDime on June 13, 2011, 11:36:59 AM
Click 'Advanced' at the bottom of the 'Browse Packages' screen in your admin panel and change the version to RC4.

So does that mean this works fine in 2.0 final if you simply emulate RC4?

Advertisement: