News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

AJAX Instant Quick Reply

Started by SlammedDime, May 29, 2008, 06:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Quote from: luuuciano on August 14, 2011, 03:40:55 AM
What happens if other people replies at the same time on one post? (because I was writing my reply for 2hours, for example...)
I will see just my ajaxed reply? and then when visiting the post again will see the other people replies

If you were writing your reply for 2 hours then SMF will tell you that your session time has expired.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

luuuciano

So, I can not write books on smf... damn
hehehe, it was just an example, lets try another more apropiated... the thread is hot, so people is writing a lot of replies too fast
The ajax reply will inform that someone else has written and do not post (lost my reply content?)? will post my reply but I will not see other replies until reload that page?

(Im just curious)
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Suki

I'm not that familiar with this mod but the code seems to indicate you will get the classic notification that someone has replied before you, in that case the page will redirect you to the normal post area.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Biology Forums

I know this may be too much to ask, but I'm using the theme SMF:Revisited and I am having a difficult time parsing it, could anyone try it out for me? :(

I have my display.template.php attached :-\

Ascot

Hi there, i'm having some problems integrating this with WYSIWYG QR
i ¡'ve found the code AJAX QR modified from WysiwygQR  on my Display.template.php
Can anyone help me to debug this ?

red lines are content deleted from WYSIWYG QR by AJAX QR
green lines are the content added

( i figured out this is the only code where they touch eachother)

<div id="qr_buttons">
<input type="submit" name="post" value="', $txt['post'], '" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);"', $context['ajax_quick_reply'] ? 'oQuickReply.ajax_reply(\" . $context['session_var'] . '\', \" . $context['session_id'] . '\')' : 'submitThisOnce(this)', ';"

accesskey="s" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" class="button_submit"/>
<input/><input type="submit" name="preview" value="', $txt['preview'], '" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="p" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" class="button_submit" />';
if ($context['show_spellchecking'])[/l]
In order to fix this, what can i do ? Sorry i'm just a noob at php
thanks

Gryzor

This looks lovely... has anyone tried if it works with 2.0.1?

Ascot

Quote from: Ascot on November 23, 2011, 07:31:07 PM
i ¡'ve found the code AJAX QR modified from WysiwygQR  on my Display.template.php

<div id="qr_buttons">
<input type="submit" name="post" value="', $txt['post'], '" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);"', $context['ajax_quick_reply'] ? 'oQuickReply.ajax_reply(\" . $context['session_var'] . '\', \" . $context['session_id'] . '\')' : 'submitThisOnce(this)', ';"

<input/><input type="submit" name="preview" value="', $txt['preview'], '" onclick="return submitThisOnce(this);" accesskey="p" tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" class="button_submit" />';
thanks

Help please, i been waiting for days.

briggz5d

SMF 2.0.2 user: tried to install it emulating smf 2.0 RC4 - Just toooo many edits to Display.template required. Too many. maybe some other time...

ainindia

Works like a charm...Thanks for the mod

cseverson

can't get it to work with SMF 2.0.2

Suki

!RFAN

Can i get help with this mod?

i installed this mod without any error. But when i reply to any topic it does not show me the post. And when i refresh the page i can see the new post.

it makes post but cannot show it immediately.. :s

Game.ruler

Its not installing in LikeVB theme.
When installing i got 2 errors in display.template.php
Is there any1 to help?

Biology Forums

Quote from: Game.ruler on April 28, 2012, 08:50:21 AM
Its not installing in LikeVB theme.
When installing i got 2 errors in display.template.php
Is there any1 to help?

Game.ruler, I like your theme, reminds me of vBulletin

OzzyMozzy

Quote from: Ascot on November 23, 2011, 07:31:07 PM

<div id="qr_buttons">

thanks

Im having the same problem, my quick reply will not work with the new WYSIWYG nothing happens at all. The only way to post is to use the normal reply.

Nevaska

I installed the mod on my forum 2.0.2, had some errors in Display.template, but installing via correct parse.
But the mod did not work, can someone help me fix this?

humbleworld

is this MOD still alive. i wish it updated to version 2.0.3

Suki

It depends on the mod's license, currently the mod is licensed under a creative common Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0, it means that you can redistribute the current mod but you cannot make derivations of it and thus, you cannot redistribute those derivations.

If you like to take over this mod, talk to the mod author, ask for permission from him and then ask the cust team to make the transfer to you, you will need to determinate the overall copyrights with the mod author as copyright and license are two different entities.

The mod is pretty much alive, at least for the 2.0.x branch.

Jessica.

Quote from: humbleworld on January 17, 2013, 02:44:16 AM

I've tried on 2.0.2 and it works fine. So I'm pretty sure it will work on 2.0.3
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

Skaty

Quote from: Jessica. on January 17, 2013, 10:03:40 PM
Quote from: humbleworld on January 17, 2013, 02:44:16 AM

I've tried on 2.0.2 and it works fine. So I'm pretty sure it will work on 2.0.3

installed manual but not working with 2.0.3 for me.

Advertisement: