[BETA] Sub-Accounts / Aliases / Multiple Personas

Started by SlammedDime, May 30, 2008, 04:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caltan

Another interesting problem: guests appear to have access to the aliases dropdown, and it contains all accounts -- thus enabling impersonation without passwords.  Not a huge deal, since my forum is so small, but it caught me off-guard and could definitely be unpleasant with a larger population.

SlammedDime

Hrm, I never tested it with guest posting... it's an easy fix though, thanks!
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

ladyshanae

Is there somewhere we can see this in action?  I understand the basics of how it works, but I want to make sure that the feature itself is right for my site.

SlammedDime

I currently don't have a live site setup with this yet.  I decided to put development on hold until 2.0 was in the RC stages due to bugs that I was having to work around that was creating messy code.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

ladyshanae

Kae - I will try to patiently wait!  :D

Thanks so much!

Caltan

Awesome, it's great to hear that you'll be updating this.  Since I've been putting it through its paces, it's become absolutely indispensable.  Fantastic work.

SlammedDime

Found any issues with it other than the guest posting problem?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Eliana Tamerin

Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Caltan

When the admin account edits a post, the modified post's id_member field is changed to the admin's id instead of the originally-posting member's.  I'm not getting a dropdown, it just automatically changes and I need to reset them by hand in the database.

SlammedDime

hrm, I'll have to look into that as well.  Should be an easy fix.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Burke ♞ Knight

Any chances on a 2.0 Beta 4 Version?

Also, SlammedDime, do you have a site where you do support and such for this and your other mods, besides here?

SlammedDime

It's easier to provide support here, than on a separate site, so I do it all here, as much as I can anyway.  As for a beta 4 version, no, only because of ongoing template changes which will affect this mod, I don't really want to release it for beta 4 then have to release it again at the RC stages.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

just-leigh

Alright, I just dl'd this, I'm SUPER excited about it.  The trouble is, I have SMF 1.1.7 and when I try to install it, I get "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF." as an error message.  Is it not compatible or did I jack it up some how (either is equally possible)

Eliana Tamerin

Because it's not (and very likely won't ever be) compatible for SMF 1.1.x. You'll have to upgrade to SMF 2 to use this, and currently its only compatible with SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1, not the Beta 4 that's currently out.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

SlammedDime

Yea, I'll be working on updating it soon to work with RC1, so that when RC1 is released it should work with that.  I'm holding off for the current time because of ongoing template changes and bug fixes in SMF that this mod relys on.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Burke ♞ Knight

I tested this on a SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 test site, and this is EXACTLY what I need for my Star Trek RPG Site. :)

However, I just went through a lot of trouble upgrading that from 1.1.7 to SMF 2.0 Beta 4. LOL

Just my rotten luck that the mod I need wont work on Beta 4, and the other mods, as well as theme, don't work well on Beta 3.1....LOL

Guess I'll have to wait a bit. Hopefully, not to long. :)

SlammedDime,

This is a great mod! I truly congratulate you on a great job done. :)

SlammedDime

Thank you, please test it as much as you can if you haven't already... suprisingly, I only know of a few bugs, but I'm sure there are more waiting to be discovered.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: SlammedDime on December 08, 2008, 02:53:28 PM
Thank you, please test it as much as you can if you haven't already... suprisingly, I only know of a few bugs, but I'm sure there are more waiting to be discovered.

Consider me as Beta testing. :)

Have one test site that I'm running it on now, and may start a 2nd one and ask few people to help test it on there for posting. :)

Burke ♞ Knight

QuoteType of error: Undefined

/index.php?action=post;board=2.0

8: Undefined index: name

File: /Themes/default/Post.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 340

Seems like the only error that shows. :)

Also, somehow, when one tester logged off, and cleared cookies, the dropdown shows in the posting on Guest Friendly board.
Shows him the 2 main accounts.
We both have a main, and an alias account on test site.

Is the post area code set to if logged? if not, I think it should be. :)

Advertisement: