[BETA] Sub-Accounts / Aliases / Multiple Personas

Started by SlammedDime, May 30, 2008, 04:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

I'm not scheming anything. :P When any mod gets released - even by Cust team - it has to be checked by a Customizer. My own mods get checked too.

If this is as big as I think it'll be it'll likely need a couple of people to test it to make sure it all works and doesn't introduce any nasties into the system.

Eliana Tamerin

Yes, Arantor, but seriously, you're getting overly excited about this one. :P
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Arantor

I'm looking forward to it for my long term project too :)

Eliana Tamerin

Aha, I knew there was an ulterior motive at work here! ;)

Download | Docs

Garou

Hehe you guys are a trip.  :P

Its nice to know that no favorites are being played and that everyone has meet the same standards but I'm sure wont take long. Since he responsible for checking other peoples mods he should know what is needed better then the rest of us. Not to mention the embarrassment and harassment from the rest of you if it doesn't pass muster. >;-)

Not to put added pressure, I'm just saying I have faith in him to do the job right.  :)

SlammedDime

I would expect the cust team to find a couple of things out of line with it... with over 3K lines of code, it's bound to have a couple of things that go awry... although Eliana has been testing it for a while now and only recently found a small bug that has already been corrected, but did not adversely affect the function of the mod.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Altair

Well, I'm certainly not apposed to the Customizer Team testing things. It's a benefit for all of us in the end.

ishy

We will be able to merge existing accounts into sub-accounts, correct?

Eliana Tamerin

Merge, as the SubAccounts mod uses the terminology, is the ability to combine the posts and information of two accounts into one.

Linking, which is what I think you're talking about, is the ability to transform an existing account into a subaccount. And yes, that's entirely possible.

Download | Docs

ishy

OK, great. I didn't want to start a trend and then make a mess of it later! Thanks!

bellrosk

Hey, was just wondering if this mod is coming to 2.0? If so, will it be here soon?
Also, is the 1.1.10 still available to download?

SlammedDime

I never had a version for 1.1.x... this mod is only for 2.0 and will be submitted to the mod site once RC2 is public.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

bellrosk

FireDitto

Quote from: bellrosk on November 08, 2009, 06:09:14 PM
Hey, was just wondering if this mod is coming to 2.0? If so, will it be here soon?
Also, is the 1.1.10 still available to download?

Bellrosk, if you are after a 1.1.10 Persona Mod, you should look here It is not too dissimilar, although I think this one will be more user friendly and less buggy in the long run, the one I linked to IS only a beta version and it does what it does quite well. I like it, though I'm waiting on this one -- or rather, RC2 :P

EDIT: Which apparently happened a handful of hours ago. Sweet as XD
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Altair

SlammedDime

I'll be uploading it once I'm able to get my local webserver set back up on my PC after upgrading to Windows 7 x64.  It's been a small hassle.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Caltan

AWESOME.  I'm so excited to see this, I can't wait. :)

FireDitto

Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

SlammedDime

Caltan - if you're still running Beta 3.1 and have this mod installed, I do have an 'upgrade' script that you'll be able to use.  Just let me know once this mod is released via PM or it's support topic and I'll send it on over for you to use.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Caltan

Oh, that's spectacular!  Yeah, I'd love that -- I was expecting to have to have my users relink all their character accounts once we had RC2 and the new mod in, so an upgrade script would be terrific.

Advertisement: