"Show new replies to your posts." not working?

Started by MrPhil, May 31, 2008, 02:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPhil

My apologies if this has been covered before, but the SMF search function is useless. Whether or not I put the phrase "new replies to your posts" in quotation marks, I still get results containing every post with "to" in it.

I have noticed that "Show new replies to your posts" is not showing most of the topics with my posts which have been updated. That is, in SMF 2 (this simplemachines.org community forum) I click on "Show new replies to your posts", and I'm lucky to show one topic. If I scroll down through the board, I see lots of topics with the little smiley face (indicating I've posted there) and a "New" flag. My understanding is that those should show up in "Show new replies to your posts", as they do in 1.1. What's up?

Update: This may be a recent problem (last few days). Were there any code changes or database hiccups recently? I went back to the beginning of the month (58 pages) and didn't see any other missed topics past the last day or two.

Jade Elizabeth

Maybe you need to refine your search terms to "unread replies" or something?

I dont have this issue. You say this happens on THIS site?

?action=unread  <That is unread since last visit, which is last session
?action=unreadreplies <That is any unread response to your posts/topics.

I dont have the issue here, or on my own 2.0 site.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

LOLwut

Quote from: Alundra on June 02, 2008, 10:51:36 AM

?action=unread  <That is unread since last visit, which is last session

I dont have the issue here, or on my own 2.0 site.

LOL! You just got owned.
www.TizeMe.com

The #1 place to show off your website/forum/blog/youtube channel, you name it!

- ALL FOR FREE.

Jade Elizabeth

Excuse me but I do not own people :P.

I was just checking facts, didnt mean to come across bad :-[
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

MrPhil

Quote from: Alundra on June 02, 2008, 10:51:36 AM

I put the full label in hopes of narrowing down the search. Most search engines discard very short words, but SMF seems to use everything, whether or not the phrase is quoted.

Quote from: Alundra

Yes, http://www.simplemachines.org/community. Or at least, it WAS happening. I haven't seen it for several days, so maybe whatever has cured itself.

Quote from: Alundra

That is the link in question. Anyway, I'll mark it "solved" and reopen if I get a solid recurrence. Thanks for your time.

Jade Elizabeth

No problem :D

When searching you should use keywords, you will more than likely get the results you want :D.

Advertisement: