News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PM Informer

Started by Diego Andrés, May 31, 2008, 08:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[SiNaN]

Here are your files, attached.

BabyNini, add the Pm Informer after

echo '<td width="100%" align="left" valign="top" style="padding-top: 12px; padding-bottom: 10px;">';

in your theme. If you can't do, I can do it for you.

Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

Mo786

Quote from: [SiNaN] on June 08, 2008, 03:42:01 AM
Here are your files, attached.

BabyNini, add the Pm Informer after

echo '<td width="100%" align="left" valign="top" style="padding-top: 12px; padding-bottom: 10px;">';

in your theme. If you can't do, I can do it for you.

Its still the same thing. Nothing changed.

chrisb

We are getting the following error on when customer are trying to logon to the gallery

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/cxtxtsju/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 2277

Krapo

Hello ther [SiNaN] and every one ;),

Is there a place somewhere in the Admin Panel where this mod can be toggle on and off, or is it supposed to work straight away ?

Thx !
SMF 1.1.11 + TP 0.9.8

"De tous ceux qui n'ont rien à dire, ceux qui se taisent me sont les plus agréables" - Pierre Desproges

[SiNaN]

No, it doesn't need anything. You need to just install it.

I totally forget about this topic, will give answer to the questions asked before later.

Krapo

Thanks for your reply SiNaN !

So I guess it is highly dependent on the language files ?

My forum is multilingual, but its language by default is French utf8.
I wouldn't mind the PM warning appearing in English, but unfortunately... :'(
SMF 1.1.11 + TP 0.9.8

"De tous ceux qui n'ont rien à dire, ceux qui se taisent me sont les plus agréables" - Pierre Desproges

[SiNaN]

Just copy the language strings to the Frech files too.

Also do not forget to make theme file changes if you are not using the default theme.

Krapo

SMF 1.1.11 + TP 0.9.8

DareDevil1990

$txt['pmi_title'] = 'You have %s message(s) unread!'; $txt['pmi_view_all'] = '[View All]';                       

after installing the mod in 1.1.4 i get this error on the top of the screen above the sites banner   ??? ???

Nibogo

Quote from: keshav on July 06, 2008, 10:33:14 PM
$txt['pmi_title'] = 'You have %s message(s) unread!'; $txt['pmi_view_all'] = '[View All]';             

after installing the mod in 1.1.4 i get this error on the top of the screen above the sites banner   ??? ???

In /Themes/your_theme/languages/Modifications.english.php

Search:

Replace:

$txt['pmi_title'] = 'You have %s message(s) unread!';
$txt['pmi_view_all'] = '[View All]';

dannbass

That error is because the lines were copied after the final ?> just move the lines up and it will be gone.

DareDevil1990

Quote from: NIBOGO on July 08, 2008, 09:15:16 PM
Quote from: keshav on July 06, 2008, 10:33:14 PM

In /Themes/your_theme/languages/Modifications.english.php

Search:

Replace:

$txt['pmi_title'] = 'You have %s message(s) unread!';
$txt['pmi_view_all'] = '[View All]';

what you have told me to  enter is already there

this the error i am getting...please help

dannbass

Quote from: ♫ ♪♩♬♭♮ ♯ on July 09, 2008, 01:29:42 AM
That error is because the lines were copied after the final ?> just move the lines up and it will be gone.

I told you what to do, open your /Themes/your_theme/languages/Modifications.english.php y move those lines up, they should be before the final ?>, right now they are after the ?>

trenchteam

Really nice mod! Thanks!

kamili34

Kimmie

I just installed this - with no test failed's, had someone send me a pm and nothing happened. Any ideas?

I double checked to make sure all the edits were made and they all look fine to me.

Edit: ok it works fine on the default theme but not on my custom theme. My custom theme pulls mostly from the default themes files so I normaly do not have to manually install any mod. What part of the code do I need to add to my custom theme (and where) so that it will show up?

Edit #2 - the only file that my custom theme has its own of is the index.template.php file. I added both the necessary codes to that file and its still not working on my theme. (although I have never had to manually edit that file before.. all mods worked fine pulling from the default file).

Any ideas?

kamili34

Rhyme

How would I add this to another theme besides the default?

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: Rhyme on July 24, 2008, 12:21:01 AM

You let me do it before you kill Vortex. :P
* ccbtimewiz is a maintenance admin for Rhyme's forum.

But to those who are wondering, you need to make the correct edits that the mod describes to the templates and files in your theme

Mostly the index.template.php file.

Rhyme

Quote from: ccbtimewiz on July 24, 2008, 01:19:37 AM
Quote from: Rhyme on July 24, 2008, 12:21:01 AM

You let me do it before you kill Vortex. :P
* ccbtimewiz is a maintenance admin for Rhyme's forum.

But to those who are wondering, you need to make the correct edits that the mod describes to the templates and files in your theme

Mostly the index.template.php file.

Rhyme is becoming impatient :P

Advertisement: