Converting from Vbulletin 3.6.8 shortfalls

Started by pmflav, June 01, 2008, 09:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmflav

Is there any update on when the following may be fixed in the converter. Or if someone has a means of doing this.

Known Issues
- Permissions for boards are not converted.
- Membergorups are not converted.

We have a site on VB 3.6.8 and this is the only thing stopping us from changing over, we have way to many users  to have to go through and re-create the groups and re-assign them.

Thanks

pmflav

Further to my last.
As I am quite desperate for this, I will in turn donate $100 Aus to SMF for a converter that will do the above successfully.
I do however understand that the the password hash used in vbulletin is a problem and accept that the password may not work, which isn't a real problem as I will get members to reset their password.

SleePy

pmflav,

SMF does allow methods for the password hash to be recreated on login.
I believe by default SMF does have one for vB (unless it changed).

If you want to advertise for somebody to convert your forum for pay, you should try the help wanted board :)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

pmflav

I am hoping someone will be able to fix an already existing script, not to develop a new one. Upon successfully carrying out the above task the script will be donated to SMF as well as the money which will be donated to SMF.
In the effort of keeping in the conformity of the forums, if you feel this needs to be moved then please feel free to do so.

Thankyou

Advertisement: