News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Copyright removed being displayed

Started by php_dev, June 02, 2008, 06:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

php_dev

Hi,

I have a quick question. I am running SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public. My users are complaining  because they are seeing a Copyright removed notice at the bottom of boards I have yet to see this but when i look in the logs i see that an error message has been logged in there with that message. I have not done anything to the forums and the copyright information is at the bottom of the forums so I am not sure why that messages is being displayed can someone please advise.??????

as shown here from this log

QuoteApply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member  klivenews4      Reverse chronological order of list  May 30, 2008, 09:38:17 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address xx.xx.xx.xx      Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session *******************
     Apply Filter: Only show the errors of this type Type of error: General
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL hxxp:www.aussiekangaroo.net/forums/index.php?/board,19.0.html [nonactive]
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Copyright removed!!

Thank you

p.s the site that is running smf is hxxp:www.aussiekangaroo.net/forums [nonactive]

Apllicmz

php_dev

I never see them either. yet some of my users do, I even ran  some test and created a new user account and had that new user join the same membergroup they are in. I didn't see the error but when i go to the forum logs In the forum errors section there is an error logged their that says copyright removed!!!!
so i don't know if this is a bug or something else.  I haven't removed the copyright from the bottom of the forums so I shouldn't be getting this message.

ccbtimewiz

Are all your users using English as their language? If not, did you upgrade ALL the language strings?

php_dev

Ok I just saw the message for the first time, and also the buttons on the forums are disabled.

here is what the message says.

QuoteSorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.
Not sure why this message is appearing? Take a look at some common causes.

php_dev

Quote from: php_dev on June 03, 2008, 02:50:41 PM
Ok I just saw the message for the first time, and also the buttons on the forums are disabled.

here is what the message says.

QuoteSorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is missing the copyright message for SMF so they can rectify the situation. Display of copyright is a legal requirement. For more information on this please visit the Simple Machines website.
Not sure why this message is appearing? Take a look at some common causes.

I think i may have figure it out. it has to do with the themes. I ugraded from 1.XX 2.0 beta
QuoteTheme incompatibility - Installing a theme intended for 1.1 on 1.0 and vice-versa, will most likley cause the message to appear. Consult the author of the theme to make it compatable with your theme or use a different theme that is compatable with your version. The Default, Babylon and Classic (YaBB SE) themes will work on all versions of SMF as long as their template files were updated properly during each upgrade.

I am not sure if the Default themes were updated properly. I am going to try and copy the default theme over from a Full 2.0 Installation file.

Advertisement: