News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

NoFollow All Links v1.0

Started by Nibogo, June 02, 2008, 09:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danpotter

I  installd NO Follow All Links mod and i dont want it now,...so when i try to uninstall it...,it is redirecting to index page...,but not uninstalling...pls help me........

SA™

try uninstaling it manualy

sourcedir/Subs.php

find

'tag' => 'iurl',
'type' => 'unparsed_content',
'content' => '<a href="$1" rel="nofollow"

replace with

'tag' => 'iurl',
'content' => '<a href="$1"

find

'tag' => 'iurl',
'type' => 'unparsed_equals',
'before' => '<a href="$1" rel="nofollow"

replace with

'tag' => 'iurl',
'before' => '<a href="$1"

find

'tag' => 'url',
'content' => '<a href="$1" rel="nofollow"

replace with

'tag' => 'url',
'content' => '<a href="$1"

find

'tag' => 'url',
'before' => '<a href="$1" rel="nofollow"

replace with

'tag' => 'url',
'before' => '<a href="$1"

and thats it if you have trouble with it just post that file here and i can do it for you
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

viulian

I wonder how easy it is to modify this plugin to also wrap nofollow to the 'website' in the profile ...

SA™

i have updated this mod now with rc1-1 and 1.1.10 support

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Nastradini.com

Hello i tried to install your mods but this error occours:

!!
Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed

I'm using SMF 1.1.10 .

Thanks for helping.

MaXiForum.cz

Pudders

sorry if this was asked before but i cannot see it answered.
Is there a way to use this mod but allow some links to be followed?
Mainly internal ones and a couple of external ones that are mine

Buph

Quote from: Sleepy Arcade on October 22, 2009, 12:22:06 AM
i have updated this mod now with rc1-1 and 1.1.10 support

Hello. Can you update the mod with 1.1.11 support? I can't update if I have NoFollow All Links installed.
I've tried to uninstall it, and run the SMF update and reinstall the mod, but I get this error:

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed

Thank you in advance.

SA™

yes i will do it in the new year :)

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Pudders

anyone?
I want to install this mod but would like links to my own websites to be followed so is there a way to say certain links are ok to follow?
Thanks

smldmr

with combinaton of the mod "INTERNAL LINKS USE SAME WINDOW v1.2" and this mod, it's simple to make only external links with rel="nofollow" Yo need to modify the internal links mod like this:

Find
$message = preg_replace('~<a href="'.$internal.'([^"]*?)"([^>]*?)(?:target="_blank")~i'.($context['utf8'] ? 'u' : ''), '<a href="'. $internal2 .'$1"$2', $message);

add after:
$message = preg_replace('~<a href="'.$internal.'([^"]*?)"([^>]*?)(?:rel="nofollow")~i'.($context['utf8'] ? 'u' : ''), '<a href="'. $internal2 .'$1"$2', $message);

TheFollower

Quote from: smldmr on January 06, 2010, 04:06:09 PM
with combinaton of the mod "INTERNAL LINKS USE SAME WINDOW v1.2" and this mod, it's simple to make only external links with rel="nofollow" Yo need to modify the internal links mod like this:

Find
$message = preg_replace('~<a href="'.$internal.'([^"]*?)"([^>]*?)(?:target="_blank")~i'.($context['utf8'] ? 'u' : ''), '<a href="'. $internal2 .'$1"$2', $message);

add after:
$message = preg_replace('~<a href="'.$internal.'([^"]*?)"([^>]*?)(?:rel="nofollow")~i'.($context['utf8'] ? 'u' : ''), '<a href="'. $internal2 .'$1"$2', $message);

Thank you, dude. This helped a lot. :) I was looking for a decision within 2 weeks or so...

Astro1

The above did not work for me in making my internal links do follow. What gives?

The way my page is set up, is it's a Wordpress blog with an SMF forum.  I'd like links to my own posts in wordpress and anything originating from my own domain to be do-follow where as anything pointing outside is no-follow?

Is this possible?  A mod like that is needed.

Pudders

Thats exactly what i'm looking for.
The forum was set up to run alongside my normal business websites and although the links etc are great they are all no-follow.  If there was a way to make my links do-follow it would help with SE etc.

GohighVoltage

I am not sure I understand,  This mod makes all links no-follow,  but what do you mean it does it to the internal links too?

Paracelsus

Quote from: GohighVoltage on February 17, 2010, 12:37:34 PM
I am not sure I understand,  This mod makes all links no-follow,  but what do you mean it does it to the internal links too?

Yes. This MOD puts all links in the post area as "no follow", whether they are internal or external. The good part is... you can change this. This is how I did it:

1. Install the NoDoFollow Firefox extension to be able to distinguish the Nofollow from Dofollow links.

2. Install both this MOD and the Internal Links Use Same Window MOD:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1255
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1236

Right now you should notice (with the help of that Firefox extension) that every single link in the post area (signature included) marks as red, which is nofollow, instead of previous blue.

3. The NoFollow MOD adds the rel="nofollow" in 4 places in Subs.php: I left the ones related to "url" and removed the ones related to "iurl" (since iurl is for internal links).

4. Since I don't need the functionality provided by the other MOD, ie, I'm indifferent to whether the internal links open or not in a new window so I simply went to Subs.php and edited the line
replacing the target="_blank" by rel="nofollow".

5. You should now notice that every external link continues red and every internal link (ex: hxxp://www.yourforum.com/index.php?topic=12345.0) will now have turned blue again, ie, dofollow.

That's it, hope it helps.

Btw,

Actually, I need an advanced tweak to be able to remove the nofollow from some links of one of my subdomains. Is there some sort of "inline" remove string or a way to add an exception to the code?

hartiberlin

Does this mod work on
SMF 2.0RC3 and PortaMX 0.980 ?

Many thanks.

More-to-life

Quote from: hartiberlin on March 14, 2010, 10:00:44 AM
Does this mod work on
SMF 2.0RC3 and PortaMX 0.980 ?

Many thanks.
Please does anyone know if this is RC3 compatible
UK Bike Forum - The biggest motorcycle forum magazine in Wales UK.
Gear Up Magazine - Gear Up Motorcycle Magazine.
United Bikers UK Motorcycle Forum - A Brand New UK Bike Forum.
Used Cars South Wales - Search For Your Next Used Car In Laleston, Bridgend, South Wales.
Bikers Of Wales Motorcycle Website - Motorbike Info
Honda - Honda UK

SA™

yes it works for rc3 now i just updated it

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.