News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

changed password on database

Started by bryan21, June 22, 2008, 04:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryan21

this you will laugh at i went to my server an changed password on database like a fool but i didn't remember it so were do i change it in smf so my site connects  thanks any help is much appreciated
Bryan

Oldiesmann

You can change the password that SMF uses when connecting to the database in Settings.php. However, this must be the same as the password you set for the user account SMF is connecting with - changing this will not have any effect on what the actual database password is.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

bryan21

i even called godaddy an they said its not showing because i changed the password on the database i have to change the password smf connects to the database or retrieve the old password i do not know where to do that at

Oldiesmann

If you don't know what the new password is, then you will either need to change the password to something you can remember, or have GoDaddy reset it for you (yes, they can do that - someone there will have root access to MySQL).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

bryan21

i know the new password i have to edit the connection info script were it connects to smf an change password there but i do not know how

bryan21

thanks for the help i woke up an fixed it

Advertisement: