News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Request Membership

Started by zbobet2012, June 04, 2008, 02:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zbobet2012

I have two questions:
When I assign a group as "request" and assign a moderator for that group how does he/she accept the request to join the group from the member visiting his group membership page?

Secondly is there a way to delete existing membergroups?

karlbenson

Existing membergroups have to be deleted by someone with administrative access (eg admin).

Admin > Boards > Modify board (the one you want to delete)
Then 'Delete Board'

zbobet2012

Never mind to the second question found the delete button, wow I am stupid...

Night09

QuoteNever mind to the second question found the delete button, wow I am stupid...

Spending the time to find out why you cannot complete a task doesnt make you stupid. ;)

Stupid is when you reply tommorow asking how you get the groups back you deleted by accident. ;D (joke)

Rumbaar

Quote from: zbobet2012 on June 04, 2008, 02:19:06 PM
When I assign a group as "request" and assign a moderator for that group how does he/she accept the request to join the group from the member visiting his group membership page?
When they are made a moderator of a group that gain access to the 'Moderate' section of the forum.   There will be a section call 'Group Requests' that will list any current group requests they need to act on.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Acans

Quote from: Rumbaar on June 29, 2008, 09:43:55 PM
When they are made a moderator of a group that gain access to the 'Moderate' section of the forum.   There will be a section call 'Group Requests' that will list any current group requests they need to act on.

how do you make somebody a  group moderator, i've looked in the membergroup and theirs nothing neigher in the MODERATE groups thing
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Acans

And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Rumbaar

When you create the group or edit it, you add them to the Moderators: field.  Simple as that.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Acans

Quote from: Rumbaar on July 06, 2008, 06:10:14 AM
When you create the group or edit it, you add them to the Moderators: field.  Simple as that.

sorry, i cant see it

Rumbaar

AdminCP->Membergroups=>Modify (membergroups)

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: