News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] PHP-Fusion 6.x

Started by SleePy, June 04, 2008, 11:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Software: PHP-Fusion
Version: 6.x

This is the official support topic for PHP-Fusion converter.  Use this topic to ask for support for this converter.

Changelog
! Improve regex when working with multiple quotes and fix styling.

Password Support
To be able to login again after you complete the conversion, You will simply need to apply the phpfusion6_login_fix.tgz modification (attached below) via Package Manager.

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

DOOM666

i did everthig this topic said http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=15 went to www.yoursite.com/forums/convert.php. all i get is a white page.

reupload files worked

BumDiva

Hi, are there any step by step instructions on this? Also, this may be a silly question but... when I convert what is actually transferred? ALL members of my community (including those who've never posted on the forum), PMs and forums/threads/posts?

If someone could answer these questions I'd really appreciate it.

- BD

SleePy

Yes we try to get at least the core data (that is members and posts [which inlcude topics]).
The converter will not modify any data in your old forum, so if you want to install SMF and run a conversion, things will still operate on your old forum while you look at what you have now on your new SMF forum  :)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

BumDiva

Oh thank you! I ran the conversion and it seems everything went smooth, however I can not log in. I see that it says I need to install something though the "Package Manager" but I am VERY confused. I went to the link and do not know exactly what I'm supposed to do.

ThorstenE

first of all you should reset your admin password.
- use the "forgotten" password link from SMF
- or if this doesn't work use PHPMyAdmin and execute the following sql query:

UPDATE smf_members SET passwd = 'test' WHERE memberName ='username';

change smf_ to your database prefix and username to your admins name

then download the phpfusion6_login_fix.tgz

go to Admin - Packages - Download Packages - then upload your package and click "Apply Mod", then "install now"

BumDiva

Thank you, It worked! I am amazed at how smooth this conversion went. Keep up the great work!

BumDiva

I installed this board as a test only. I am not planning to actually change from PHP Fusion to SMF for at least another month or two. When I am ready to officially convert, can I run convert.php again (on the current installation) to get the latest members, topics etc. or do I have to start over from scratch? I'm just wondering as I'd like to install a few mods right now.

ThorstenE

r35pect

sorry but what do this convert.php?

convert all php fusion o only the forum.

i want to use the forum (smf) with the same user databese of php fusion.
thanks and sorry for my english. :)

SleePy

lkj_tim

I have separate databases for SMF and Fusion...my host wont seem to allow me to create a db user (in the fusion db) to match the SMF password.

Is there a way to specify both accounts? (i.e: x = smf user, y= php-fusion user)?

ThorstenE

sorry, but this is not possible.. but you can install SMF in the same database like PHP-Fusion, SMF uses its own table prefix and leave the PHP-Fusion installation untouched...

Shadow~

lkj_tim

Quote from: TE on January 19, 2009, 12:48:55 PM
sorry, but this is not possible.. but you can install SMF in the same database like PHP-Fusion, SMF uses its own table prefix and leave the PHP-Fusion installation untouched...

Thanks..That is what I wound up doing (was hesitant because the fusion db is "in production", so I didn't really want to mess with it..but all seems to be working well.)

Thanks for the quick reply

Savinaa

I cannot complete the conversion to to this error: 

Converting posts (this may take some time)... Unsuccessful!
This query:

(bunch of stuff)...then

Caused the error:

Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes

TRY AGAIN button (but that doesn't resolve it..))  just stuck... suggestions? 

ThorstenE

that's an error from your MySQL Server .. (too much data is send to the MySQL Server)

open the phpfusion_to_smf.sql and find:

---* {$to_prefix}messages 200

replace the 200 with 100 (or 50 if 100 will not work). this will reduce the concurrent converted posts from 200 to a lower size.

Savinaa

You're a genious...worked perfectly.

Now, the problem is...I can't log in. The SMF 'admin' user account i made does not exisit...so I can't get to the administrator side.  I did a 'forgot' password but 'admin' was not found.

did the (( UPDATE smf_members SET passwd = 'test' WHERE memberName ='username'; )) query in the database, but it pulled up nothing.

So, can't reset it..or do much now :(   suggestions?  ((and i am not savy on backend server stuff, i am surprised i made it this far))

ThorstenE

all old SMF accounts were deleted during the conversion, but your php-fusion users are now in the database. the "forgotten password" link from SMF may help.

you can also reset your password with:
UPDATE smf_members SET passwd = 'test' WHERE memberName ='myoldphpfusionadmin';

after you can login again -> check the first post in this topic.
QuotePassword Support
To be able to login again after you complete the conversion, You will simply need to apply the phpfusion6_login_fix.tgz modification (attached below) via Package Manager.

Savinaa

it says it doesn't exist...and SMF 'forget' password says member not found...

SQL query:

UPDATE smf_members SET passwd = 'test' WHERE memberName = 'Luxa'

MySQL said: Documentation
#1146 - Table 'bmwmwjza_jo151.smf_members' doesn't exist

***moans.. I am so lost :(

Advertisement: