forum with special permission

Started by FiFtHeLeMeNt, June 06, 2008, 05:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiFtHeLeMeNt

Hi,
is it possible to make a forum or child forum in SMF 2.0 which only author of post and administrator have access to its posts ?
Regards

spearfish

I do not believe you can restrict it to only the post author and the administrator.  However, if you set up usergroups, you can do a lot more - like make a board available to only certain groups.

FiFtHeLeMeNt

I am making a forum which users will post confidential data to administrator , so I cant allow anyone else to read the post except the author , is there any workaround ?

spearfish

How about personal messaging?  That's already done and works great!

FiFtHeLeMeNt

yes , but I want it to be in thread format , cause it will have lots of follow ups , I searched all other forum softwares and VB has this feature. anyway Thx for your help.

spearfish

Perhaps, then, a moderator should move this board to Feature Requests

Rumbaar

I don't know of feature built into SMF 2.*, but in 1.1.* there is the View Topic Permissions mod that would do what you want.

There are two similar mods that do this, but you'd have to try and request them to be updated to SMF 2.*.  But in it's BETA state that might not happen soon.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: