SMF and Drupal: Experiences?

Started by Col. Earnst von Codpiece, December 04, 2008, 05:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Col. Earnst von Codpiece

I'm seriously in need of one of those major overhauls that we masochistic Webmeisters sadly decide to do now and then, very much wanting to go from using just SMF for a community, to a Drupal setup that "wraps around" my existing SMF community.

Anyone had any experience with integrating the user database (single login and signup to add accounts to both, etc) between Drupal and SMF?

There is a Drupal "module" that claims to hook it into SMF, and I know about (but have never played with) the integration hooks built into SMF.

I was a charter member of SMF for years, from the beginning, and love it, but if I can't make this integration fairly neat for End Users, then I'll just have to consider switching to using the Drupal forum that will be seamlessly built into the setup... :(

So if a fellow SMF Evangelist could help a brother to NOT have to give up this superior package, it would make a couple thousand very deserving and down-trodden community members's lives a lot sunnier this Holiday Season.  :)

Hopefully yours,
--B.

ThorstenE

http://vgb.org.ru/ works fine for me with SMF 1.1.7 (my site is still running Joomla but I plan to replace it with Drupal).

Advertisement: