News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Search Engine Friendly URLs

Started by haschi, May 10, 2008, 03:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumbaar

Try a search of the many SEO related mods in the customization section.  You will have varying success depending on the actual mod you use and the configuration of your hosting server.

Be sure to check out any comment/support thread for a particular mod to see if it meets your needs.

I'm sure if you search the forum you might even find some .htaccess based code to possibly achieve what you want.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

rongsak

amazon kindle [nofollow]:ben 10 toys [nofollow]:adidas porsche schuhe [nofollow]: Vtecsociety Clubs [nofollow]:Men's Bikes Shop [nofollow]:Miss Sixty Fashion [nofollow]

青山 素子

Note that fancy URLs will not help your ranking in search engines at all. If you are trying to do it for that purpose, it isn't worth the effort.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Guru9

Quote from: Motoko-chan on June 23, 2008, 07:22:38 PM
Note that fancy URLs will not help your ranking in search engines at all. If you are trying to do it for that purpose, it isn't worth the effort.

This is a misleading statement at best. Search engines will spider deeper if the site does not have URLs that contain queries, therefore more pages will be indexed by the search engine. True, the pages may not rank any higher, but having more pages indexed is far more important than page rank. If you want to beautify URLs for SEO purposes, then there is no question that it will help.

青山 素子

Quote from: Guru9 on June 28, 2008, 06:55:17 AM
Search engines will spider deeper if the site does not have URLs that contain queries, therefore more pages will be indexed by the search engine.

Proof please. I haven't seen this mention made anywhere else.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: