SMF integration wrapping? issue

Started by glasschalice, June 09, 2008, 10:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

What happens if you turn off caching in SMF?

glasschalice

Is that in the admin section under Server Settings/Caching?  If so, it's already set to 'no caching'.

glasschalice

It says this right above where I'd tell it what caching level:

SMF has not been able to detect a compatible accelerator on your server.

glasschalice

I kinda like the way the forum looks right now when it's wrapped.  It really matches the rest of the theme and it doesn't stretch the center area.  I'd have to figure out how to make the links not outlined in blue and get some of the tables/divs outlined so it's easier to see them.  And of course, get the errors to vanish.

Orstio

Go to your e107 admin panel.

On the top should be a menu.  Click on Settings, then on Cache.  Make sure it is disabled.

glasschalice

Orstio

Well something is using eAccelerator and burning up your memory.  If you look at your php_info, under the eAccelrator heading:

Memory Size  67,108,828 Bytes 
Memory Available  24 Bytes 
Memory Allocated  67,108,804 Bytes 
Cached Scripts  768

glasschalice

I'm not sure how to interpret what that report is saying but I'm going to assume that there shouldn't be all those scripts running?

On this webhost I have 10 or 11 domains that I'm hosting, this site included.  Is the php memory being allocated across all of those domains or is it per domain?  Maybe that's part of the problem?  Most of the other sites are very small and have little traffic on them at all.  This site is the hog at the moment.

(I apologize for posting the menu link issues in this thread.  I just lost track of what was in which program.  Those questions should have been over on the e107 board.)

locjan

yes i turn off the cache, cause its annoying my visitor
locjan.com - Free Korean Dramas OST shwoomp.com - Art of shwoomp

glasschalice

orstio... Just wanted to let you know that I am moving my site.  I've purchased a dedicated server and will be moving everything in the next few days.  Hopefully this move will take care of all of these issues!!  I'll let you know.  Thank you so much for all of your time and help!

cheryl

glasschalice

I have moved my site to a managed dedicated server with lots of ram, speed and drive space.  I have the same issue with the forum not wrapping properly.

http://www.glassresearch.net/e107_plugins/smf/smf.php

Any help would be great!

Orstio

Can you also set output_buffering to 32M in php.ini?

glasschalice

Holy cow.  Now it won't load the forum at all.  Here's the error message:

http://www.glassresearch.net/e107_plugins/smf/smf.php

Orstio

Excellent.

You've been getting that error all along, it was just being suppressed.

Now, can you set your memory_limit to 64M ?

glasschalice

I had my webhost support change the php.ini file.  This is what I told them to change:

I need the ram buffer set to at least 64m and the output_buffering to 32M.

Is the memory_limit different than what I've already told them?  i.e.  does ram buffer = memory_limit?

Orstio

OK, it is 64M.

Now, in the file smf.php, you'll need to find this:

@ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');

And delete it.

glasschalice

I don't see that file anywhere....

Orstio

It's in your e107_plugins/smf folder.

glasschalice

Got it.  Site is displaying but still with the wrapping issue.....

glasschalice

Orstio... I used the php_info.php again since the site is on a new server.  I don't see the same heading (eAccelerator) that you mentioned before.  Does the php_info.php show anything new now that might help?

Advertisement: